Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest!!!

Default Contest!!!

I need some advice so I thought I would have a quick contest. Winner gets an Ascend embroidered baseball cap. Please read this thread: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=694

Thanks!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    I need some advice so I thought I would have a quick contest. Winner gets an Ascend embroidered baseball cap. Please read this thread: http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=694

Thanks!
    I like your idea and think it would work good.

You could however get rid of the Home link and have the top image be clickable to where it takes you back to the main page. I've seen many websites do this. You could even modify the image to where it says "Click to go back to main page" (or something like that) somewhere on it.

Another idea would be to just do away with the Latest News header. I don't see why you need it if everything on there is on the main page.

Just a few more ideas to give you. I could think of many more.

Got one more idea for you. Do away with the Loudspeakers link at the top. Place the Loudspeakers under the Featured Products link right before the Subwoofers. Make the Loudspeakers part take you to this link http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages.../spkrlist.html

You could even change the Featured Products to just Products if you wanted.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Edit: One more and I'm done.

Maybe make the text size just a little smaller to where you could fit a Forum or Community link in without having to get rid of any top links. For example take a look at the very top of this website http://www.teamxbox.com. You may not even have to go that small. You would have to play around with it and see.
    Last edited by eRob; 02-01-2005 at 09:23 PM.

Talking

This one is free Dave. I already have an Ascend hat

First, I'd like to see the Ascend Logo in the top left link back to the Ascend main page. It's very common...in fact many months ago when first checking out the "new and updated" webpage that was one item I found that may have been passed over.

Second, I'd combine all your products into one drop down menu as eRob suggested. Just let the links take you to the 'category page" for loudspeakers, sub, electronics or accessories. Then there would be room for the forum link.

Default food for thought

Home - same
    About Us - same
    Loudspeakers - add Professional Reviews at bottom of pull down
    Featured Products - same
    Latest News - same
    Purchase - same
    Support - same
    Community - Forum, Customer Testimonials, and Submit Your Testimonial
    View Cart - same

I believe the Professional Reviews link should fall under the Loudspeakers pull down. Users who click on the Community pull down are usually prompted by an interest of interaction. They're digging deeper, perhaps tech savvy, and have a desire to share their thoughts, etc. As another user stated - he usually digs around for a forum link on a lot of the sites he visits. The Submit Testimonial link may receive more traffic there, and the Customer Testimonials link should satisfy a browser's interests in other customer's thoughts about Ascend's products within the community of those who enjoy good sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Budman
    Second, I'd combine all your products into one drop down menu as eRob suggested. Just let the links take you to the 'category page" for loudspeakers, sub, electronics or accessories. Then there would be room for the forum link.
    You know I just got done saying that, right?

Another idea is to combine Latest News and Reviews into News and Reviews. Afterall, new reviews are generally news items anyway. I do like the idea of making is a community link where the Submit a Testimonial link also lives.

I'll second what Metalaaron said. Makes sense. Do I get Metal's hat??

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by eRob
    You know I just got done saying that, right?
    And I said it too in the other thread just a few minutes after you did! LOL. Lots of competition for this hat, methinks!

I like Brad's idea of combining Latest News and Reviews as one. I thought about combining Products and speakers but like splitting out your own products from those you are a dealer for. I agree with all those that say that clicking on the logo should take you to the home page.