Thread: Tweeter crossver

Lightbulb NRT / RAAL Tweeter crossover

Hi all,

I am in the process of comparing two Sierra models, and am curious about tweeter details between the RAAL ribbon in the Sierra 2 EX and the NRT.

I am an utter novice about audio.

However I have heard about conversions between Sierra 1 --> NRT --> 2 --> 2 EX, and am curious about what is involved with these design changes.

For context, running the speaker full range, no sub.

Specifically:
    • crossover point
    • power handling
    • compatibility

Also - is there a chance for work on an NRT tweeter for possible use with the woofer included with the 2-EX ?

Thanks,

Andrew
    Last edited by ajhudson; 05-11-2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: title edit

Default Re: NRT / RAAL Tweeter crossover

A few people have custom ordered the Sierra NRT with the EX woofer. It requires a custom crossover. I'm not sure how pricing compares to the Sierra 2 EX.

The NRT is a little more forward sounding and preferred by some people who feel the RAAL is a little too polite sounding. Personally I love the RAAL. Very easy to listen to but lots of detail.

I'd be interested in pricing on this option also.

I am exploring a 2-EX / NRT speaker, after purchasing a Tower and Sierra 1 - NRT.

I am keeping the Towers and Sierra 1-NRT -- The Sierra-1 NRT is an incredible speaker in its own right. I am curious how a 2-EX main driver would pair.

The Towers NRT are an astonishing quality speaker.

I find that they truly fill a space with sound, on-and off-axis

While there may be some room reflections at work, however I am definitely an NRT fan also.

Thank you to Dave and Dina for incredible work, professionalism, and customer service.