Thread: Headphones. . .

I thought I read somewhere that the Grados sounded great, but were uncomfortable.

-curtis

Yeah, I've heard that the foam ear pads and metal head band on the SR80s have to be broken in before they are semi-comfortable.

I just bought these cheapo radio shack folding headphones before my last vacation:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=33%2D1173

I wanted folding headphones, and I really like the retractable cord, but they become uncomfortably after a while and there isn't enough sound insulation to drown out an airplane's engines. They sound ok, though.

Hi,
    I have the Grado sr-60's, which you can get for a good deal on the net. I think they sound excellent, and so do many of my co-workers.
    The only downside, is they are "open" designed so everyone else in the room can hear your music. My wife hates 'em so I leave them at
    work. Incredible bass response, excellent mids and highs for the price.
    ($60). You can drive the 60's with a portable cd player but the 80's definately need a headphone amp when used with a CD player.

Check out http://headroom.headphone.com for more info.

Ralph

I have the SR80s and they certainly don't need a headphone amp for pretty much anything I've run them on and this is using my META42 and CMOY amps for comparison. My Sennheisers on the other hand do need an amp on many devices (including most portable devices).

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BradJudy

I have the SR80s and they certainly don't need a headphone amp for pretty much anything I've run them on and this is using my META42 and CMOY amps for comparison. My Sennheisers on the other hand do need an amp on many devices (including most portable devices).
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    What Sennheisers do you own? I've been looking at the 580s for a while, but have not made a purchase.

...Marko