Quote Originally Posted by chapmad View Post
Thank you all for the advice! Really appreciate the feedback. I especially like the sage advice on slowly moving them into position over time, so my better half doesn't notice That's awesome! Definitely going to use that one!

Really appreciate the advice/confirmation on the potential issues with the corners and the closeness of the side wall.

I'll look into the possibility of a drape or potentially some treatment for the portion of the wall that isn't window, which may help a little as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

I've been doing a ton of experimentation over the past few days and have at least tentatively settled on a setup that keeps the right speaker about 2.5 feet away from the heater/side wall (the side gets barely warm to the touch when the heater is on). To counter balance the reduced distance between the speakers, my wife agreed to pull the speakers out a bit further, which keeps the proportions to the listening position fairly close and puts the front plane of the speakers in front of the chair.

I may be imagining it, but it does seem like the sound has more depth and the phantom center channel seems a bit stronger.

Can't do much about the corners at the moment, but I've started a campaign to pitch an addition to add a listening room We shall see how that goes!

Appreciate all the advice! Despite the not perfect location, really really enjoying the speakers. It's basically like all of our music is brand-new again. Now we just need to upgrade our house to match our speakers!
I'll bet you're not imagining anything. 2.5' away from that wall is pretty significant, being that you were almost right up against it before. Pulling them out a bit I think likely helped too. I'd say you did great if your were able to gain that much ground. Are you still somewhat centered between them at your seat?