Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just Placed My Order

Default Just Placed My Order

For a pair of Sierra towers with the Raal upgrade! I've been mulling this over for weeks now and finally talked the missus into it! And it was easier than I'd anticipated!

Unfortunately they're out of stock on the black satin cabs, but good to go for black matte (plus saves me $100). I've heard the Sierra 2s so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from the towers. The higher sensitivity is a big plus too, because I sit 15' from my front stage.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'm all excited you guys! Tell me all about how much more awesomeness I can expect from the towers compared to the books!

Default Re: Just Placed My Order

Oh, and hello from Arizona! I did start an intro thread when I stumbled across the bookshelf speakers on Craigslist for a steal. My current setup is 5.2 SVS Ultra towers and 3 Ultra books (using 1 for center, 2 for surround), a pair of Hsu VTF-3 MK5 HD subwoofers, a Marantz SR6011 for my pre pro and a Monolith 7 driving the front 3.

I also ended up buying a MiniDSP 2X4 HD with a Umik mic, rolled up my sleeves and learned as much as I could about using REW so I do have measurement capability, which I wouldn't want to go without now that I have it. It's been a fun journey so far!

I'm also an active member over at Audioholics, which is where I first learned of Ascend Acoustics and Dave's work is very highly regarded. I'm excited to be part of the family and can't wait for my towers!

Congrats on the towers, My first impression wasn't an immediate WOW! factor but they sure grew on me!
    I am in no way disappointed i can tell you that for certain. I haven't been able to play more with the EQ lately except for learning there is a difference in readings using my phone APP with the CASE OFF! LOL.
    we all live and learn sometimes.
    My room is rather large also, you will need to let me know what SPL you are getting. Mine seems low? i am hovering just below 80db peak.@76avg. my room specs are at the beginning of my intro post
    BTW nice equipment! I may be doing something wrong there too? I NEVER get tired listening to the towers though! I hear a lot of new sounds, gotta run..
    Last edited by audiohead; 05-08-2020 at 02:00 AM.

Congratulations!
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Congratulations!
    Thank you!

Hey, I remember you! I've seen you over at Audioholics!

Nice....congrats on the new speakers. Though I've spend much time over at AH....I've not posted there in yrs ..since GDS last meltdown....I find other ways to collect the knowledge I seek or information I'm looking for.
    Last edited by billy p; 05-10-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Nice....congrats on the new speakers. Though I've spend much time over at AH....I've not posted there in yrs ..since GDS last meltdown....I find other ways to collect the knowledge I seek or information I'm looking for.
    "GDS last meltdown"?

Haw? I must have missed something!

Quote Originally Posted by Pogre View Post
    For a pair of Sierra towers with the Raal upgrade! I've been mulling this over for weeks now and finally talked the missus into it! And it was easier than I'd anticipated!

Unfortunately they're out of stock on the black satin cabs, but good to go for black matte (plus saves me $100). I've heard the Sierra 2s so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from the towers. The higher sensitivity is a big plus too, because I sit 15' from my front stage.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'm all excited you guys! Tell me all about how much more awesomeness I can expect from the towers compared to the books!
    Thanks so much for getting your order in!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hey, I just wanted to say that I got Dina's message the other day that my speakers should be shipping by next Thursday or Friday and I much appreciated the update! I may return the call but if I forget tell her I said thank you! It was a rough day and the news cheered me up a little bit.

Just counting down the days now...

Dina is #TopShelf, you won't deal with better.��
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....