Thread: Stumbled Across an Awesome Deal!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Stumbled Across an Awesome Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    To truly get the best answer is to take frequency response measurements of the your subwoofer and speakers in your room and determine the range each works best.

That said, 80hz is a good starting point. The speakers are set to "small" right?

I recently did some re-arranging of my system. Some furniture removed, so it gave me the flexibility to move the subwoofer to a better location. In my room, no matter where I put the sub, I have a huge suck-out/dip at approximately 50hz, so I put the sub where the dip was the least severe.

I then re-ran room correction (i only room correct below 400hz), and the system set the crossover at 90hz for the LR, and 80hz for the center, all Sierra-2s. Previously, the system had them all set at 80hz.
    Audyssey keeps setting them to either "large" or sets the crossover to 40 hz. I change it to 80.

I have a great fr. I'm asking because I also have a huge room and ample power. Sometimes I like it loud. They sound pretty good turned up with 80 hz crossover but boy those woofers are dancing and I'm worried about over driving them. Otoh if they're designed for that much movement and it's normal I won't worry about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images