Thread: Hello During Crazy Days From Metro West Boston(Maynard, MA)

Default Hello During Crazy Days From Metro West Boston(Maynard, MA)

Hi folks,
    I'm Jeff and have been a Sierra 1 owner for about 6 or 7 years. I bought my S1's used off Audiogon I think in 2014, though I can't be sure of the exact date. The now unavailable light cherry gloss cabinets. Though I have tried several replacement speakers over the years(KEF, Vandersteen etc) I keep coming back to the S1s. I just ordered a pair of the S1 to S2EX upgrade kits and am anxious to receive them and get them installed.
    If the 2EXs are nearly as much of an upgrade as all accounts proclaim them to be, I am going to be in for a real treat! My living room system where they will be going is as follows:

Van Alstine Vision SET 400 power amp(225 w/ch @ 8 ohms)
    Van Alstine Transcendence 10 SL tube preamp
    Schiit Yggdrasil DAC
    Oppo BDP-95 Universal Disc player
    Bluesound Node 2i(used strictly as controller/renderer. Digital is passed via coax to Yggdrasil for decoding)
    All analog cabling is Morrow Audio - MA4 interconnects, SP5 speaker cables
    Digital cabling is Pangea/Audioquest

I have a pair of subs, but haven't used them in years. Prefer not to, since 99% of my system use is music. My music collection covers the gamut - rock, blues, jazz, classical, folk, celtic etc. I am first and foremost a music lover. I'm also a guitarist and when I was a much younger man played in several blues/rock bands and also did a folk/rock duo for a while.

Default Re: Hello During Crazy Days From Metro West Boston(Maynard, MA)

Welcome to the forum...nice system!

Welcome!!

Integrate the subs, you will be happy!

I had the Sierra-1's, now I have Sierra-2's. Properly integrated, which takes time, subs just add to the music, even if you don't think you need them.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the 2EX's. I have heard them, I don't think you will be disappointed!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Welcome to the forum...nice system!
    Thank You!!! Anxious to install the 2EX upgrades. I'll have to post my impressions after installing and listening for a bit. I'm assuming that with the pandemic in full swing, the delivery may take a while. Patience!!

Thank you!!