Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
I don't get it...

Dave told you there isn't a reason to build what you are envisioning, and you asked again.

The Sierra 2EX crossed at 80hz is your answer.

The port really doesn't come into play above 80hz.
Dear Curtis,

From reading what Dave wrote (I read it several times just to be sure), I was wanting to make sure that he understood that I wasn't talking about a speaker with a -3db point at 80hz. And that I wasn't talking about a speaker with multiple woofers or tweeters. And I wanted to make sure to clarify that a smooth off-axis performance is very important to me as well (so I wasn't envisioning a woofer too large).

I wanted to just be sure that he understood exactly what I was curious about and not something a little different, because I wanted to be sure it didn't make any difference. After all, the CBMs, the CMTs, and the Luna's -3db points are what informed my ideas. When he mentioned -3db at 80hz, it kinda threw me off.

Sometimes, in the medical field, we have to get an order clarified. Do Doctors get upset at this? Who knows? It isn't viewed as "questioning the Doctor's judgement". If something seems a little "off" about a response you get, you ask for clarification just to be sure. Sometimes the exact same response comes back, and sometimes the Doctor says "Oops! We got our wires crossed a little back there. Here's my new answer..."
Science.

I value Dave's input very much! I wanted to make sure we were on the same page.
Also, Dave didn't mention anything about a sealed cabinet. I was curious about that because I know the mid-range on the tower is sealed, some other bookshelf speakers are sealed, and Jimb mentioned sealed as well. Just curious.

I know that Dave is a very busy man, so it's okay if he doesn't answer. I totally understand. Just making sure he's not accidentally answering a question that wasn't asked. Seeking clarification.

Thanks Curtis!! You da man!! Sit back and relax my friend.