Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hello from PA

Default Re: Hello from PA

towers.jpg

YAY!!! finally cleared cache and resized. pic posted.

i been messing with the microphone and learned i have a light when music optimizer is on/off. Center channel really sucks now with the towers! I went to put the DUO in my cart and when i clicked on center channel speakers , a whole pile of choices came up. So , back to the center channel.
    just trying to make the right choice the first time. I definitely want a ribbon.

i really didn't get far finding the Audessey XT32? i found an app for 19.99 but DL the one below it called Sound Analyzer to try to get my feet wet.
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-28-2020 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    Audyssey XT32 is under research now, i been following the adjacent post Pogre and awesome deal.
    i'm assuming it is an app ? i will be checking the play store.
    Audyssey XT32 is room correction software that is built into higher end receivers. I have it on my Denon X4200. I would recommend a newer X4300h, x4400h or x4500h. These are compatible with the $20 Audyssey app that lets you determine which frequencies are optimized. I think optimising for just lower frequencies is ideal, maybe 300hz and lower..
    Nate

got it. i saw Onkyo dropped it to cut cost and went with a version on mine AccuEQ , i'm messing with it a bit. I can really notice what it is doing with this current crappy center channel i have watching tv and movies.not so much in stereo 2 .1 channel

One thing I recently learned about the editor app (Audyssey XT32) is that any adjustments you make only affect the "Reference" setting. I pulled my hair out over that for the longest time. I kept measuring for changes using the flat setting and no matter what I did the sweeps were identical to the originals, lol.

I'm back..I am looking harder at a Luna for a center channel now. I measured my height and have 11 1/4" and have enough space to mount it vertical and save a few hundred bucks over the DUO. since i have towers and a Rythmic sub to help them out. It also is setting on a tempered glass shelf and is 1/2 the weight and then some.
    It looks to me they are the same speakers minus having 2 - 4.5" drivers? it will have one.
    is this a good or bad idea? Will i be missing more than i think?

i am still using the same set up as above post #71 then maybe add the lunas for surround in the fall?

Davef, can you send me your thoughts?
    Last edited by audiohead; 05-20-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Yes to Luna's as surrounds, no to Luna as center. The duo will have more output to better match your towers
    Nate

understood, just striving to make the correct choice. I can really hear how bad my current little Boston is compared to the towers! It struggles alot!

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    understood, just striving to make the correct choice. I can really hear how bad my current little Boston is compared to the towers! It struggles alot!
    Agree with natetg57. There is a rather huge difference in efficiency between the Towers and the Luna. I would not recommend the Luna as a center with the towers as fronts. Surrounds, definitely -- but not for the center...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

It looks like i have my answer, Sierra Duo LCR for center is the winner?

I have been fine tuning what i can including the sub on the rainy days and should be able to place my order in a few weeks, by fall for the cold winter months for sure.

There sure is a lot to learn from what it used to be! I'm an electronics tech and man, the technology changes so fast! I had to finally turn off that damn ARC crap! driving me crazy!
    sure wish i could get my hands on a spectrum analyzer. i'm trying to play with my phone but it is supposed to be calibrated first. Hard to believe i used to install my own car audio system and win competitions! I moved everything into the house then but i liked it and let it be for 15 plus years!
    I got soooo far out of touch but catching back on
    I do appreciate the help!

OK guys. i sent in my order for my center channel!!! wife finally Mooing about damn sound from the middle! LMAO, I CANT HEAR IT! of course ill bump up the DB later , actually i really didn't do that but didn't have to!
    Sierra Duo LCR

i am so thankful for all you guys help! you know who you are! i just got a woodford 2X oak in preparation for their arrival!!!
    I'll have a toast for Dave,Dina,Pogre,Curtis and racrawford65 in no special order.
    and no metal tape measure will be involved