Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hello from PA

Default Re: Hello from PA

Pogre,

98.7 Butler is my go to radio stream now on Tune in! grew up on WDVE!

i get to Dubois on occasion, Indiana,Punxy!

I'm between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh on top of the BIG Lake. Keeping my eye out for the Raystown Ray and Sasquatch Hahaaa.

Glad you were far enough North from Rolling Rock country lol!
    '
    Yuengling country here but i'm more of a Heineken or coors light fan on the bloating side

Kentucky Burbon: woodford, Elijah Craig fan now! while jamming

where ya at now?

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    i have a line out zone 2 L - R jack (RCA) "Audio output jack connected to the pre-main amplifier for multi-zone playback in a separate room" ?

and 2 sub pre out

not sure if that's all i need? ...
    Maybe... What is the model?

Onkyo TX-NR646

Pogre,

98.7 Butler is my go to radio stream now on Tune in! grew up on WDVE!

i get to Dubois on occasion, Indiana,Punxy!

I'm between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh on top of the BIG Lake. Keeping my eye out for the Raystown Ray and Sasquatch Hahaaa.

Glad you were far enough North from Rolling Rock country lol!
    '
    Yuengling country here but i'm more of a Heineken or coors light fan on the bloating side

Kentucky Burbon: woodford, Elijah Craig fan now! while jamming

where ya at now?
    My mom lived and went to school in Hershey for a while when I got older. I actually lived in Punxsy for a few months when my parents separated so I'm pretty familiar with that area too (I met Phil!). That's getting into Amish country. Butler, knew some farmers (dad was a butcher and owned his own market) out there, we'd pick up cattle in that area a couple times a year.

I grew up on WDVE too! 102.5, right? They were the ONLY station that played good music in the 70's and 80's. I lived in the sticks tho so reception could be a li'l sketchy sometimes.

I like me some Yuengling. Back in my late teens and early 20's when I was short on cash it was 30 packs of "PA Pounders" (16 oz Genesee bottles) for $9.99 all the way! Best bang for your buck on a budget there, lol. Nowadays it's the occasional Sam Adams or Black Russian.

I moved to Mesa, Az about 25 years ago and been here since. I'm about 30 min outside of Phoenix, in the 'burbs.

*Edit: So how yinz guys doing?
    Last edited by Pogre; 04-23-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Onkyo TX-NR646
    Yeah. Not a good one for adding external amps.

lol,,,that's it!

I'm glad Crutchfield sold them for just $400 bucks then! heck of a deal! got it 4yrs ago.

ill just go back to getting the center next then figure out what for rears and deal with power later, after all i am happy with what i have now.

anybody have thoughts on rear surrounds?

lol,,,that's it!

I'm glad Crutchfield sold them for just $400 bucks then! heck of a deal! got it 4yrs ago.

ill just go back to getting the center next then figure out what for rears and deal with power later, after all i am happy with what i have now.

anybody have thoughts on rear surrounds?
    Budget for the rear surrounds?

I think you can go low budget on surrounds. I might be wrong. What do you think?

If I were getting surrounds, I would consider the Ascend options because they would match.

It depends. For movies and shows I don't think the surround speakers are as critical to match as the front 3... unless you listen to a lot of music in 5.1. Personally I don't unless it was recorded and mixed that way.

"Budget for the rear surrounds"

i don't have a budget, just time if i need to save. i don't want to say $300 and you say CBM-170 SE or
    $1200 and you say lunas etc..

My current Tiny Bostons (HD5 I believe) are hung on the rear wall, i am thinking of moving them to the sides in place of where my mounts are.
    i'm kind of with BZ58 and Pogre on not needing towers? I listen mostly stereo but when i put in a 5.1 ,aka...i want it to play like it should, blend i was going to put my old T830 mains for surrounds but i think that is a bit overkill?
    maybe i should just try them?

found this :
    https://www.cnet.com/reviews/onkyo-tx-nr646-review/
    100w x 5
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-24-2020 at 09:47 AM.