Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hello from PA

Default Re: Hello from PA

like i figured, i need all 3 for 3 songs

have the New Disturbed, like them...

for his new remake...Simon and Garfunkle

Sound of silence...kinda like Faithfully, Journey.

got that for the Chicks lol.

i have dire straits brothers in arms
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-20-2020 at 04:55 PM.

my wife and I - first impression. We were surprised we didn't get the WOW factor. but after listening to them for about 5 hours last night (speaker break-in?) having to adjust to new speakers after listening to the Boston acoustics T830 for 28 years these new speakers started to grow on us. I did not gain any SPL, in fact I may have a lost a decibel point or so. they have better clarity, cleaner and more music separation. By the end of evening, we were pleased with them. The build quality is fantastic.

I will have more to report after spending the weekend with them!

I had a similar experience when I first listened to my RAAL towers & horizon. Then I realized I wasn't listening to high quality recordings, instead I was listening to some of my favorite old CDs. After listening to some quality recordings it became clear that my first impressions were wrong and I was very happy with what I heard. The speakers are only as good as the recordings you feed them.

To me, my impression listening to lesser quality recordings from the Towers is that I can hear the potential of them and that they sound balanced. Listening to badly mixed live recordings, my ears get used to the sound and I can hear it better after one or two songs. But when I happen upon something that's recorded well, that's when the WOW factor comes in.

both replies make complete sense to me. I am definitely not complaining about these Towers at all, just posting my first impression. They are growing on me and they certainly found a home!
    My other thought is the Boston T830s they replaced , which i enjoyed very much ,weren't really that bad of a speaker! They will be going in the basement by the pool table for Zone 2

I mostly am just wondering now if i need to give them more power. I really am only running them off a $600.00 Receiver. I am thinking of bumping up to a toroidal transformer like an Anthem MCA 525 (or buy a new rifle and scope?) lol :-), before getting a center channel?

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    I mostly am just wondering now if i need to give them more power. I really am only running them off a $600.00 Receiver. I am thinking of bumping up to a toroidal transformer like an Anthem MCA 525 (or buy a new rifle and scope?) lol :-), before getting a center channel?
    Well... how about heading over to the For Sale section of the Forum for some AMPS! (assuming your current receiver has "preamp" outputs).

i have a line out zone 2 L - R jack (RCA) "Audio output jack connected to the pre-main amplifier for multi-zone playback in a separate room" ?

and 2 sub pre out

not sure if that's all i need?

i figure there should be pre out for 2 (stereo) or all home theater surrounds 5 or 7 ,11 etc.. channels?

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    i have a line out zone 2 L - R jack (RCA) "Audio output jack connected to the pre-main amplifier for multi-zone playback in a separate room" ?

and 2 sub pre out

not sure if that's all i need?

i figure there should be pre out for 2 (stereo) or all home theater surrounds 5 or 7 ,11 etc.. channels?
    You figured right - should be 2 for L & R front or more for surrounds, heights, etc.

yup, just my luck...! Plan B...

I grew up in Pa! Genny country!

I lived about a hundred miles north of Pittsburgh. I went to high school in Dubois. Most of my family is from Shannondale.