Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from PA

Default Re: Hello from PA

i'm almost thinking order the 2EX and try as mains.
    if not enough for my taste,return for credit toward towers. shipping not as bad as having to return towers.
    OR cry for a bit and get the towers and be convinced i wont have to return!

DUO center

that is correct, my main concentration is up front!

anybody know the current order turn around time? i'm expecting my stimulate the economy check coming soon and i want to stimulate my ears!
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-09-2020 at 02:02 PM.

i got the better half's go on towers with ribbons.

send your blessings!

i don't feel i deserve the $2,400.00 bailout so easy come easier go!
    Last edited by audiohead; 04-09-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Congrats. I love my Towers.

Do you have the ribbons? we want these on the floor, yes the carpet got taken out and we like the hardwood. shall i get the spikes?

ill deal with getting a center in the fall.

Yes, I have the RAALs.

As I recall, they came with spikes and receivers. That said, I am not using them on mine (hardwood floors, and pointy spikes make me nervous). I used Isoacoustics GAIA III instead of the spikes. Could have also just used the base (needs to be attached to the tower) directly on the floor.

measurements are good for the floor. big Question is ribbons or not?
    i will be ordering these soon.
    ribbons are $700 more ?
    for the room?
    is it just dispertion?
    whats the difference in tweeters?
    i see ribbons are faster, lighter....more directional?
    soft dome wider?
    we love to play the stereo and go to the basement and shoot pool too!
    not a recording studio!

I've not heard the nRT tweeters. I believe the soft dome has wider vertical dispersion than the ribbons, but not 100% positive.

The ribbons are magically. Very detailed, smooth, non-fatiguing. Can listen for hours any genre of music - rock, metal, jazz, classical, soul.. couldn't tell you about hip hop/rap/country as don't listen to these.

You may want to call Ascend and chat with Dave or Dina and see what they recommend based on your music preference and listening habits.

Hi Audiohead!

Quote Originally Posted by audiohead View Post
    ribbons are $700 more ?
    Correct, presently the RAAL ribbon upgrade for the towers is $700. This is likely going to increase fairly soon.

i see ribbons are faster, lighter....more directional?
    soft dome wider?
    RAAL True Ribbons have nearly zero stored energy and a more accurate transient response. They are actually quite a bit LESS directional than dome tweeters in the horizontal plane, meaning they have wider and more linear horizontal dispersion (this is a critical performance factor). They are more directional in the vertical plane which helps reduce both floor and ceiling reflections which leads to greater clarity.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Audiohead!

Correct, presently the RAAL ribbon upgrade for the towers is $700. This is likely going to increase fairly soon.

RAAL True Ribbons have nearly zero stored energy and a more accurate transient response. They are actually quite a bit LESS directional than dome tweeters in the horizontal plane, meaning they have wider and more linear horizontal dispersion (this is a critical performance factor). They are more directional in the vertical plane which helps reduce both floor and ceiling reflections which leads to greater clarity.

Hope this helps!
    It got me to place the order with RAAL True Ribbons!

Do you have any recommendations on setting these towers up with the pics i posted of my room? the old Velodyne sub sat on the left side of my chair and fireplace. I have a RCA ended monster cable signal wire still there but i tried the sub up front. I can move it back to make better room for the towers. I plan on setting them on the floor, with or without the spikes, crossover freq?

ill deal with the center speaker and surrounds as funds allowe.

How tall is your sub?

On the Towers, from the bottom of the base which attaches to the cabinet to the bottom of the grill is ~18 inches. So, you could possibly put the towers where your current speakers are.

Alternately, push the sub pack towards the corner and put the towers further forward from the back wall.

If the bass is better on the left side of your chair, you could always move it back there. Subcrawl :-)

I'd try 80 HZ cross-over. You could always try somewhere between 60-80 to see what sounds best to you.