Thread: Metallica - Through The Never

Default Metallica - Through The Never

Picked this up on Ebay the other day (aside from it being Metallica, as the BluRay was Region B and I wanted to check that the device I recently bought to make my Oppo region free worked correctly).

Great concert video (I watched the 3D version of the bluray) with a mini-movie interspersed throughout (about a young roadie sent out on a mission to retrieve something).

Default Re: Metallica - Through The Never

I streamed this years ago. Storyline behind the movie was a bonus...I heard the DTS mastered soundtrack was excellent and it didn't disappoint. I might even pick this one up if I can find a region one copy...next time I'm shopping on Amazon.

I have another concert disc called "Quebec Magnetic"... when to that show here. My ears rang for 2 days...but well worth it. I love that band.

Other footage I've found some excellent streams where from them headlining a festival in Brazil....the pre concert footage while playing Ennio Morricone's "Ecstasy of gold"...is genius.
    Last edited by billy p; 04-15-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Very nice!!

Heh...my music listening scope is narrow
    ..I mainly listen to artis or bands I follow or like. I generally look for the potential best quality of recorded discs and buy them. I know a whole lot of folks nowadays prefer to subscribe to media streams in hi resolution quality from various genres but it comes at an added expense...which I'm not willing to forego...but every now and then good quality videos come up on you tube or I just splurge on music I gravitate towards and leave it at that.....but anything with acoustic guitar like Jesse Cook, City of the Sun to metal like Metallica but mostly classic rock....are my cup of tea...lol.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

I prefer physical media, as well. Hardly ever stream even though I have a streamer in my system.

I enjoyed this video when it came out some years back. I thought the story element was a cool addition.