Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receiver Question

Default Re: Receiver Question

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Hi Curtis.
    Took me a while to find where I saw it. It was in the thread below but was removed. There is a link towards end of thread to an Israeli site which had the picture (at least a few days ago). I just checked and didn't see it (and I don't read Hebrew); you may want to double check in case it was a browser issue on my end.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...ew-lineup.html

Robert
    Thanks Robert!!
    -curtis

Curtis,

Hadn't checked the thread on AVS in a while - just did, and there is a pic posted now of the "new" Anthem.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-lineup-4.html

Curtis,

Hadn't checked the thread on AVS in a while - just did, and there is a pic posted now of the "new" Anthem.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...-lineup-4.html
    Thanks Robert. I have seen that pic before.

I wonder when they will be available, although it's not like I need to spend money.
    -curtis

I've not heard anything on a release date.

Hear you about spending money, although I am contemplating a 2nd Rythmik :-)

Hear you about spending money, although I am contemplating a 2nd Rythmik :-)
    I loaned my second Rythmik to a friend. He likes it so much, I don't think I'm ever getting it back. It's OK for now, as I don't have a good location for it.
    -curtis

Late to the discussion, but I don’t think that anyone mentioned this. I just recently upgraded my Onkyo 805 to a Denon x3600h. It was mainly because I want to get into Atmos audio and I just upgraded my display, and I wanted the receiver to be able to do the switching with HDCP 2.2, Dolby Vision, etc. I thought that outside of that the most notable upgrade would be going from Audyssey MultiEQ XT to MultiEQ XT32. Maybe it is better, it is technically, but not so sure how much I hear audibly.

The not so subtle upgrade was Audyssey Dynamic EQ, where when watching TV or movies it makes the surrounds and subwoofer audible at volume levels less than reference level. Prior to this the subwoofer and surrounds were very subtle in most cases except for blockbuster movies that are cranked up around -15 dB. Now, the surrounds and subwoofer are always noticeable, and yet it doesn’t feel like it is overdone. This is honestly the best feature of the upgrade, that I didn’t expect would be that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by N Boros View Post
    Late to the discussion, but I don’t think that anyone mentioned this. I just recently upgraded my Onkyo 805 to a Denon x3600h. It was mainly because I want to get into Atmos audio and I just upgraded my display, and I wanted the receiver to be able to do the switching with HDCP 2.2, Dolby Vision, etc. I thought that outside of that the most notable upgrade would be going from Audyssey MultiEQ XT to MultiEQ XT32. Maybe it is better, it is technically, but not so sure how much I hear audibly.

The not so subtle upgrade was Audyssey Dynamic EQ, where when watching TV or movies it makes the surrounds and subwoofer audible at volume levels less than reference level. Prior to this the subwoofer and surrounds were very subtle in most cases except for blockbuster movies that are cranked up around -15 dB. Now, the surrounds and subwoofer are always noticeable, and yet it doesn’t feel like it is overdone. This is honestly the best feature of the upgrade, that I didn’t expect would be that big of a deal.
    Yes, I'm a huge fan of Audyssey Dynamic EQ. I suspect it's particularly beneficial for me given our very large, open listening space.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Agree....MRX series has imo the better REQ software. I just switched from Anthem to a Marantz because I required (eArc) audio return for my new OLED. Just trying to figure out Audyssey but I can tell you I'm missing ARC...for the exact reason you've described.

Otherwise...Marantz, Denon or Yamaha amp sections are right up there with Anthem....having used 3 sets of REQ, I am still in the process of trying figure out the Audyssey learning curve....ARC did a better overall job of measuring, setting target and applying EQ filters.
    Have you tried the App Editor with MultEQ XT32? I have a Marantz SR6011. When my towers get here I might be pulling my MiniDSP 2x4 HD and just use the app to dial my response in. There's a thread over at Audioholics right now where one of the members was able to use the app to dial his bass response in +/-2 dB from 200 hz down to 15 or 16 hz!

That app adds a TON of customization, especially when used in tandem with Ratbuddyssey. I think the Denon AVR 4500 is a pretty good balance between features and price right now. Normally I'd suggest the 3500/3600 but pickings are getting slim lately. If you can find a good deal on a SR6*** series Marantz receivers they offer pretty much the same features also.

IMO?
    Denon XT32 with the $20 App to tailor the correction.
    I almost bought the Yammy 2060, but I had to wait almost 3 weeks, AND it cost more $ than the 4300H that I bought, which has been solid since 2016.
    Wasting $ on garbage is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife....