Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found new speaker feet for Sierra Towers and hardwood/tile floors

Default Re: Found new speaker feet for Sierra Towers and hardwood/tile floors

You could always order two sets and demo them - I think Crutchfield carries them (Amazon as well). I know Harry W (VPI) use them in their listening house and highly recommend the Gaia's.

With isolation products, one may or may not hear any changes - for better or worse. For example, I was getting alot of feedback in my speakers when turning up volume whilst listening to vinyl. Tried lots of things - moving TT, moving speakers, etc.. nothing helped. Put a Symposium Segue Iso platform under the TT and feedback completely gone. On the other hand, put a regular Segue under my Atlas Magnum and don't hear any difference.

I’ll buy someone a set of the McMaster rubber bumpers if they are willing to take REW measurements with stock spikes, the rubber bumpers I found, and the beautiful GAIA isolation feet.

I’d also love to hear Dave’s opinion on how much feet can affect sound from an engineering perspective.

If he thinks that isolation feet, that would work well on wood/tile floors, could offer a noticeable improvement for under $100 per speaker I’d grab some in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by John Galt; 04-12-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Here's a thread on AVS with discussion around the GAIAs, including input from Jim Salk. Starting at post 10000

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...hread-334.html

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Here's a thread on AVS with discussion around the GAIAs, including input from Jim Salk. Starting at post 10000

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-sp...hread-334.html
    Interview from yesterday with Dave Morrison from IsoAcoustics starting at about 46:35. Just popped up on YouTube coincidentally.

https://youtu.be/xtcx_pVdlWc

Testing data from IsoAcoustics: https://isoacoustics.com/isoacoustic...ng_at_National

This paragraph is interesting to me, and may explain how the IsoAcoustics product may be superior to simple rubber bumper type feet. Since the GAIA product has different characteristics depending on how the product is oriented (allowing less forward to back ‘rocking’ as the speaker cones move in and out) compared to up/down and side to side...

“IsoAcoustics stands are directional and designed to be positioned with the logo facing in the same direction as the motive forces of the speakers. As a result they manage the energy on-axis as opposed to homogenous materials that allow the speakers to oscillate in all directions. This method of managing the energy provides a high degree of isolation, improved sound clarity, focus and openness.”
    Last edited by John Galt; 04-14-2020 at 01:58 PM.
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Just popped up on YouTube coincidentally.
    Big brother is watching.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Big brother is watching.
    The first thing I thought was some type of browser tracking...but it’s actually just a new video from a YouTube channel that I’m subscribed to...so probably just an unlikely coincidence.
    3.2, Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL ribbon tweeters and $20 McMaster ‘threaded-stud bumper feet’, Ascend Acoustics Duo LCR center, dual SVS SB-3000 subs, Outlaw 2200 monoblocks, Denon X3500H

Does anyone know if the Gaia II's fit on the TP-24 stands? I am thinking of getting these to use with my 2EXs. Even if the Gaia hype is overblown, it might be a nice dress up item at the very least. Plus, I think the TP-24 + 2EX combo could use the extra inch or two that the Gaia's would provide in height.

Are they threaded on the bottom? I'm guessing they are as webpage says they come with spiked feet and isolation pads.

If so, most likely will fit (may need to get proper studs from IsoAcoustics) if the stands aren't standard. My guess, though, is the spiked feet with the stands are probably 1/4-20, which is a standard size in the GAIA's.

You could probably save $100/set by going with the GAIA III's...they'll do 70 lbs which is probably fine for the stands and 2EXs. FWIW, I use the III's on my Towers.

I use IsoAcoustics desk stands for my desktop system, but mainly to increase height and support my heavy monitors. I really doubt they are doing anything that is audible. If speaker cabinets are stable and are not vibrating against the floor/desk, then what properties could these feet possess that cheap rubber domes don't? I understand wanting a well-built expensive product to go with your expensive speakers, but I'm very skeptical about any sonic differences.