Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coronavirus Statement

Default Re: Coronavirus Statement

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Hey gents...it's been awhile.

I retired last Friday...timing was good being a health care worker for ~40yrs.

Needless to say our current state has put a damper on celebrations. Staying indoors and practicing self distancing or isolation with the family. Though reading the news and seeing how some folks aren't heeding on advice or warning of government or officials. The other day a local Game Stop had a lineup outside going for blocks of folks looking to buy the latest new game releases...unreal but government & police put a stop to that insanity. Lots of folks worldwide seem to be ignoring these warning.

I'm glad I got out but my wife is still working because she's a RN at our workplace because it's a trauma center. Our facility had the readiness for the next pandemic, having gone through SARS. Many of the smaller hospitals or health care facilities lacked the logistics or preparedness for covid thus putting a larger burden on hospitals that do. I know my wife will take all the usual precautions required with proper attire, hand hygiene for protection.

I know here cities resemble ghost towns with very little activity which is good but you still see some folks going on like business as usual...stay indoors to help isolate you and your loved ones. The medical profession and officials in our parts think this will be worse than SARS.

What I know having lost both my folks (unrelated to covid)recently I can assure you the pain runs deep keep everybody stay safe and do your part.

Ps: Good to be posting again...I must fill the void somehow with much time on my hands and of course more time to be enjoying my system...lol.
    Congratulations on your retirement, I wish you much relaxation, peace and good times. Indeed, these are scary times - I have never seen the streets and even the beach so empty before. I have faith in our society and I am confident we will get over this - in the meantime, it is indeed that time to hit that "reset" button and slow down. More family time, more reading, more music - perhaps when this starts scaling downward, we will have all learned some valuable lessons.

My sincerest condolences for your loss, I know that pain all too well - it is always there...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    My sincerest condolences for your loss, I know that pain all too well - it is always there...
    Thanks Dave...and yes...I vaguely recall you dealing with a similar situation. Time heals and the pain slowly goes away...all we can do is reminisce and wipe that tear away.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    I
    Dina and Dave, I am sure things are not business as usual during these times, so I wanted to make sure how appreciative I am for the work you’ve done to bring such high quality sound/speakers to all of us,
    Thank you Curtis!!! That is very much appreciated and I hope you are staying sane and healthy. Things in California are getting crazy!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com