Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Statement

Default Coronavirus Statement

Ascend Acoustics Coronavirus Statement

These are certainly challenging times for everyone. We here at Ascend Acoustics are committed to staying healthy, staying open, and most importantly - doing what we can to keep others virus free.

Effective today, Monday, March 16th - we are temporarily suspending all in-person demos. If you are located somewhat local to us and are interested in auditioning our products, please send us an email or call us at our office, we will try to work something out for you. We are still happy to arrange for local pickups, but this will be handled in front of our office (outside) rather than inside.

Since it has become general knowledge that this virus can live on surfaces for quite a while, we have had many inquiries regarding our procedures and where our components are sourced.

First off, we are a unique company within this industry -- unlike many of our competitors - we do not use any fulfillment centers. All of our components and finished goods are stored on our premises under our full control and observation at all times.

We are located in a small town with a population of ~ 65,000 - the southernmost city in Orange County, CA and while there have been a few reported Covid-19 cases in Orange County, there have been none yet reported in our city of San Clemente.

We source components from many different locations, mainly Norway, China, Serbia and here in the US. These components are received well packaged, stored at our facility, and always under our watchful eye. To keep our cost-of-goods as low as possible, we purchase very large quantities at a time and out last shipment of product received from China was back in November 2019, a full 4 months ago. Latest studies reveal Covid-19 could possibly live as long as a week on some surfaces assuming best case scenario. 4 months isn't even a remote possibility.

Prior to packaging our goods and after testing and inspection, every speaker is fully cleaned with either an ammonia or alcohol based cleaner, depending on the particular finish.

Like most of you, I have a family and I put their safety and health above all else. That being said, I feel perfectly safe and at ease handling our products and sending them to you, our customers, to enjoy.

I also cannot think of a better time in our lives to enjoy movies at home and especially music. Listening to music has proven to be extremely relaxing, meditative and stress relieving. In addition, there have been studies that listening to about an hour of music daily can actually boost our immune system.

http://syncproject.co/blog/2017/8/23...-immune-system

https://www.bustle.com/p/can-music-h...ystem-13231417

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...sic-and-health

Please do what you can to stay healthy and calm, try to avoid the urge to panic - when you feel that stress building, dim the lights, kick back and listen to your favorite music. This will all pass soon enough…

Wishing everyone good health and good sound!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Coronavirus Statement

I just wanted to say that I've been holed up in my cozy little apartment listening to my Ascends, and the music has really helped me relax from some stressful days at work (medical/skilled nursing facility). These are some scary times for some people (especially for some grandmas and grandpas that rely on daily nursing care).

We sometimes will play music for our patients, especially with dementia, and it is amazing to see how their faces will light up. They come alive! There is something elemental about music in our lives.

Just dropping in to say thanks for making music sound even more real.

Please stay safe Dave and family and your staff and please, please, please keep the good sound coming!!!

I also work for a healthcare company. Specifically, I work in IT for the healthcare company. Yesterday was my first day working at home (better situation name is working during a pandemic). For the last two weeks, we have been working hard to enable all employees to have the ability to work remotely. This includes our call center. I won’t go into details, but a huge undertaking.

Yesterday, best thing was being able to listen to my system in the background while doing what I had to do. Being able to stream tons of music through my Ascends really helped get through the day.

Dina and Dave, I am sure things are not business as usual during these times, so I wanted to make sure how appreciative I am for the work you’ve done to bring such high quality sound/speakers to all of us,
    Last edited by curtis; 03-21-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    -curtis

Music And Memory is a great organization providing music to those in nursing homes. Years ago I had seen a special on CBS Sunday Morning regarding all that M&M was doing. Music does bring us all alive.
    Please consider supporting this organization.

Thank you for that suggestion, rjkruk! I have seen that video of Henry before (the elder black man in the video) and it is heart-warming to see that reaction. I do need to look more into this group and see what they offer. Thanks again.

Curtis! My hats off to you brother I used to work in I.T. and I do not envy your job at all! Haha! It's rough man. Too stressful for me. I know our I.T. guys probably pull their eye lashes out every time we call em. Heh heh... yeeaaahhhhh...... I do physical therapy (physical therapist assistant) and our laptops have to stay working at top speed and remain connected (for efficiency sake) while we're out and about with our patients in the building.

This is kinda unrelated but pretty cool. Our PT asked me about Ascend Acoustics just the other day because I had mentioned it before a few months ago. He seems to be getting more into audio with a friend of his and so I wanted to point him in the right direction. I love you guys. Good sound to us all!

Hey gents...it's been awhile.

I retired last Friday...timing was good being a health care worker for ~40yrs.

Needless to say our current state has put a damper on celebrations. Staying indoors and practicing self distancing or isolation with the family. Though reading the news and seeing how some folks aren't heeding on advice or warning of government or officials. The other day a local Game Stop had a lineup outside going for blocks of folks looking to buy the latest new game releases...unreal but government & police put a stop to that insanity. Lots of folks worldwide seem to be ignoring these warning.

I'm glad I got out but my wife is still working because she's a RN at our workplace because it's a trauma center. Our facility had the readiness for the next pandemic, having gone through SARS. Many of the smaller hospitals or health care facilities lacked the logistics or preparedness for covid thus putting a larger burden on hospitals that do. I know my wife will take all the usual precautions required with proper attire, hand hygiene for protection.

I know here cities resemble ghost towns with very little activity which is good but you still see some folks going on like business as usual...stay indoors to help isolate you and your loved ones. The medical profession and officials in our parts think this will be worse than SARS.

What I know having lost both my folks (unrelated to covid)recently I can assure you the pain runs deep keep everybody stay safe and do your part.

Ps: Good to be posting again...I must fill the void somehow with much time on my hands and of course more time to be enjoying my system...lol.
    Last edited by billy p; 03-23-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Hey, Billy P. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a few years ago and it was very painful and disorienting.
    Hang in there, man.

Stay home (away from the corona-monster), keep well, stay connected with friends and family.

Congratulations on your retirement! Man, what timing!!

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    Hey, Billy P. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad a few years ago and it was very painful and disorienting.
    Hang in there, man.

Stay home (away from the corona-monster), keep well, stay connected with friends and family.

Congratulations on your retirement! Man, what timing!!

Thanks for sharing and your right it's been very difficult. It's nice having communities like this to distract you and take your mind off things...not working. Hopefully this doesn't take to long and we can get back to normal living.

Health officials locally are very concerned because we have a huge influx of folks who opted to go away during school spring break and will be returning in the coming days....fingers crossed.

Re,

Bill
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

It took an emergency like this for me to come back to enjoying my audio equipments. Was finally able to compare all of the speakers I've been hauling all these years and the Sierra Tower RAAL still comes out on top. Truly makes homestaying an enjoyable moment. Thank you Dave.

PS: I will order the Sierra 2EX soon

Quote Originally Posted by rjkruk View Post
    Music And Memory is a great organization providing music to those in nursing homes. Years ago I had seen a special on CBS Sunday Morning regarding all that M&M was doing. Music does bring us all alive.
    Please consider supporting this organization.
    Wow -- thank you for sharing this. I was not aware of this organization.

One of the reasons we started heavily researching true ribbon tweeters was because my father battled cancer for 6 long years. He wanted to live no matter what, spend more time with his family and especially his grandchildren and choosing this path resulted in multiple major surgeries, countless radiation treatments and multiple full course chemo treatments. He was always in pain and very uncomfortable but the one thing that helped him -- music. Unfortunately, having so many chemo treatments left him with severe nerve damage throughout his body - including nerve damage in his inner ears resulting in a horrible case of Tinnitus...

The only type of tweeters that didn't aggravate his condition ended up being RAAL ribbons and music once again helped him tremendously.

I am thrilled with what Music & Memory is doing and I am going to be contacting them and making donations when we can.

Thank You!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com