Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signing in from Houston

Default Re: Signing in from Houston

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    That said, the heartbeat on DSOTM has been known to destroy a few speakers here and there I'll have a listen on Monday, one of my favorite albums so a very good excuse to get in some quality music time.
    One of the greatest albums of all time, really. The real question is how many times have you bought it? I'm pretty sure for me it's four (vinyl, CD, MFSL CD, and SACD).

If you're listening two-channel, the MFSL version is the only way to hear it. So glorious. Though if you have a 5.1 setup and SACD, that version is truly sublime. I love when I have the house to myself (wonder when that'll ever happen again). Turn off all the lights and put that on...

Oh, and hey to all the other Houstonians. I'd suggest a meet, but now's really not the time...
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

yeah, this was the MFSL LP.

I have 4 copies
    MFSL LP
    my original LP
    2012? Grundman remaster LP
    A cd somewhere...

I replayed today, and no grill rattling. I don't know what it was, but nevermind..

I've got 5 copies - 1 CD, 1 SACD, 3 vinyl (original Harvest label, 30th anniversary, 2016 Bernie Grundman Remaster). Might have to try and find the MFSL edition as well ;-)

SunByrne - I'm up for a meet when things get back to normal.

1 vinyl, 2 redbook CD's, and the Immersion Box Set (which includes a remastered version, a live version from 1974, a DVD Audio version with several SACD 5.1 mixes, Quad mixes and an LPCM stereo mix, and a Video DVD with live concert footage) The Immersion Box Set is really something special - especially the 5.1 mixes.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter17 View Post
    I replayed today, and no grill rattling. I don't know what it was, but nevermind..
    No worries - glad it went away...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Oops, forgot the immersion set. Tragically/Lamely I haven't yet paid it the attention it deserves..

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    I've got 5 copies - 1 CD, 1 SACD, 3 vinyl (original Harvest label, 30th anniversary, 2016 Bernie Grundman Remaster). Might have to try and find the MFSL edition as well ;-)

SunByrne - I'm up for a meet when things get back to normal.
    agreed, when we can ...

great. hopefully sooner rather than later. Stay safe everyone.

Wow, I was not aware of the Immersion box set! Clearly, I need to own that. We'll just drop that one on to the old Amazon wish list...
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.