Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to the audio world... considering moving from ELAC uni fi to ascend

Default Re: New to the audio world... considering moving from ELAC uni fi to ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    I'll argue against this....

True, better/different electronics can have an effect on the sound, however, those effects will be subtle changes to the basic character of the speaker's overall sonic signature. You want to find a speaker that has the basic flavor you like, then you can start messing with the upper food chain.
    Ed, You're not really arguing against it, since i agree with what you say. My point is that the OP *might* try some different electronics, as in borrow an amp from a friend, just to eliminate the possibility that there might be some sonic character, a missed setting, or even a malfunction of the Denon receiver. Thanks.
    Qman

Default Re: New to the audio world... considering moving from ELAC uni fi to ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Ed, You're not really arguing against it, since i agree with what you say. My point is that the OP *might* try some different electronics, as in borrow an amp from a friend, just to eliminate the possibility that there might be some sonic character, a missed setting, or even a malfunction of the Denon receiver. Thanks.
    Qman
    Ah, I gotcha. If he can borrow and swap components without too much fuss that could prove useful. Playing with the Denon's settings, such as switching Audyssey off, etc. may yield positive results.

I still believe the speakers will be the key to finding the basic sound characteristics he is looking for, but I could be proven wrong.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables