Ok guys - been dying to ask this question for a while now. I was going to just email Ascend directly, but thought that perhaps there may be other Ascend owners out there who may be interested.

I am running all my Ascends with single 10AWG wire from Blue Jeans. Of course the 170's only have the one set of binding posts so there is no issue there. What of the 340's though? I currently am using the Woofer binding posts and there's nothing at all wrong with the sound, but lately I've seen some pictures of speakers (not Ascends) where the owners are plugging in their single wire to the tweeter posts. I've also read on a speaker mfg's site (I believe it was Jamo) that said there may be sonic improvement to using the negative woofer post and the positive tweeter post (or vice versa). My guess is there would be no sonic benefit no matter which way you try it. I haven't tried it yet myself for fear of possibly damaging the speaker (or my amp) - though I can't see how since the jumpers are in place - you just never know I guess!

So, if anyone has any thoughts on this - I'd love to read them.

Thanks!!