Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HT Upgrade - Have Sierra-1s with ELAC Center - Get 2EX Kit or Sierra Horizon Center

Default Re: HT Upgrade - Have Sierra-1s with ELAC Center - Get 2EX Kit or Sierra Horizon Cent

I would stick with the 2EX center. The Horizon has better dynamics and midrange but I prefer the highs from the Raal ribbon tweeter. I think you'll be happy with the 2's and a 2EX center. If not, the 2's can be returned and exchanged for 2EX's.
    Nate

Default Re: HT Upgrade - Have Sierra-1s with ELAC Center - Get 2EX Kit or Sierra Horizon Cent

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I would stick with the 2EX center. The Horizon has better dynamics and midrange but I prefer the highs from the Raal ribbon tweeter. I think you'll be happy with the 2's and a 2EX center. If not, the 2's can be returned and exchanged for 2EX's.
    Thank you for your advise. Just from my reading, I am obsessed with the RAAL tweeter. Upgrading from the 2 to 2EX via the kit could definitely be on my future list.

Quote Originally Posted by ahender View Post
    Thank you for your advise. Just from my reading, I am obsessed with the RAAL tweeter. Upgrading from the 2 to 2EX via the kit could definitely be on my future list.
    Can you do two 2EX’s now? I think that would be more beneficial than one as a center.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Can you do two 2EX’s now? I think that would be more beneficial than one as a center.
    That's a good idea.

I have edited this post a couple of times. Placed an order for (3) 2EX's. More than I wanted to spend but no upgrading needed anytime soon.

Thanks Curtis! Now I'm broke!
    Last edited by ahender; 02-27-2020 at 11:28 AM.

That's a good idea.

I have edited this post a couple of times. Placed an order for (3) 2EX's. More than I wanted to spend but no upgrading needed anytime soon.

Thanks Curtis! Now I'm broke!
    LOL!
    i was wondering why only one 2EX. My initial post in this thread was because I was scratching my head.
    -curtis

Thank you for replying.

Music is the priority. I do like listening to music in surround mode, in addition to 2.1. The volume level for both music and movies is moderate -- rarely higher than 50dB. Since I do not listen at a loud volume, are there major advantages to the Horizon plus Sierra-2EX compared to the Sierra Duo LCR?

My initial plan is to spend ~$1000. Down the road, I would like to upgrade all LCR speakers.
    Since music is highest priority for you - I would go S2-EX for left/right and if a 2EX for the center (vertical) is over budget, I would then go Sierra-2 (or even Sierra-2 B-stock) for center. I know in either case, well over your $1000 budget, but as others have recommended, you likely will never spend another dime on speakers and you will be well vaccinated from the virus known as upgradeitis
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Since music is highest priority for you - I would go S2-EX for left/right and if a 2EX for the center (vertical) is over budget, I would then go Sierra-2 (or even Sierra-2 B-stock) for center. I know in either case, well over your $1000 budget, but as others have recommended, you likely will never spend another dime on speakers and you will be well vaccinated from the virus known as upgradeitis
    Thank you.

Edited:

What's the typical turnaround time from time of ordering to shipping?
    Last edited by ahender; 02-28-2020 at 07:52 AM.