Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Advice: Sierra-2EX

Default Re: Buying Advice: Sierra-2EX (For 7.2 HT System)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Well, you know you don't have to put the center channel below the screen, yes? You can put it over the screen. Aimed a little down at the main viewing position, instead of aimed up. Nothing wrong with that sound wise. I'm actually thinking I should do that my self. Maybe a good spring project... we'll see.
    Haha, that would be quite the project! A guy in the duo sticky thread posted a cabinet he altered to hold the horizon and that thing is pretty much perfect. As a web designer, I work in 1's and 0's but man I wish i could build something like that with my hands. It's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I am curious, with it being asymmetrical, do you notice any difference at all? Whether real or maybe in your imagination? Do you think it makes any difference?
    I can't honestly say I have ever noticed any variations in sound level moving around the room and all seating positions, including those significantly off axis, sound great. I'm sure you could measure a difference but my ears can't detect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by white_darren View Post
    I can't honestly say I have ever noticed any variations in sound level moving around the room and all seating positions, including those significantly off axis, sound great. I'm sure you could measure a difference but my ears can't detect anything.
    That's fantastic. I am jealous. Enjoy it.

Default Re: Buying Advice: Sierra-2EX

I have now placed my order. Super excited. I purchased 6 Sierra-2EX's and 1 Duo center (thanks for the tip Bruce) along with 2 E15HP Subs. All I have for now is the mockup which I will attach.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will come back and post final pics.

My next adventure is the Atmos part of this. I like the idea of HTM-200s but I need a mount solution that is either flat against the ceiling or even better, articulate like a yoke. Tannoy speakers have these. Open to ideas if you have them.

ascend-mockup.jpg
    Last edited by Sam; 01-24-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Default Re: Buying Advice: Sierra-2EX

That's gonna sound great! I'd love to hear it. Let us know how it all comes together
    Nate