Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AV Receiver Recommendation for Primarily Music

Default Re: AV Receiver Recommendation for Primarily Music

I like Yamahas for 2-channel, but I don't like their YPAO room correction system for HT. Denon uses Audyssey, which I do like, as long as you get one that has at least the XT32 version. Anthem is indeed supposed to be great, but much more spendy.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Good choice, even better if you order from Accessories for Less.
    Thanks. I did get it from Accessories4Less. Only has a 1-year warranty. Crutchfield has it for $549 with full 3-year warranty. Discovered that after I ordered. Crutchfield unit is new, not a refurb.

Quote Originally Posted by ahender View Post
    Just ordered a Denon AVR-X3500H refurb for $499.
    oops, I missed this. I'm sure you'll love it
    Nate

I've had the Denon 3500 for a couple of days. Very happy so far. Spotify 5.1 music sounds incredible with the multi-channel stereo option. Shocking how much bass I'm hearing with no subwoofer. The ELAC center and surround speakers sound fantastic with the two Sierra 1 speakers up front.

The guys over a WhatFi were all over the X3500h for music:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/denon-avr-x3500h

Using it in a 5-ch configuration leaves more headroom to the power supply, which probably contributes to the solid bass you ear.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicHead View Post
    The guys over a WhatFi were all over the X3500h for music:

https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/denon-avr-x3500h

Using it in a 5-ch configuration leaves more headroom to the power supply, which probably contributes to the solid bass you ear.
    That was one of the reviews which sold me on the X3500. I somehow missed the fact that Crutchfield was selling this receiver new for $60 more than the refurb I got from Accessories4Less. A new one would have had a 3-year warranty. Regardless, I'm happy.

I'm a big fan of review sites. It surprises me both Ascend and Rythmik do not seem to be interested in getting products reviewed. I would think reviews from 3 or 4 of the more popular HT sites would have a positive impact on sales. Even though I do have a pair of Sierra 1 speakers, my last purchase was ELAC speakers. A lot of ELAC reviews out there. Not so much for Ascend and Rythmik.

Quote Originally Posted by ahender View Post
    I'm a big fan of review sites. It surprises me both Ascend and Rythmik do not seem to be interested in getting products reviewed. I would think reviews from 3 or 4 of the more popular HT sites would have a positive impact on sales. Even though I do have a pair of Sierra 1 speakers, my last purchase was ELAC speakers. A lot of ELAC reviews out there. Not so much for Ascend and Rythmik.
    Because most review sites expect you to advertise, and that costs a pretty penny.
    Ascend seems to be doing just fine without advertising.
    ELAC has a lot of money behind it.
    -curtis

Thanks. Did not know that.