Thread: S2-EXs, now at home

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: S2-EXs, now at home

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    With that in mind, we can just assume you have the only pair of light cherry gloss Sierra-2EX on the planet
    Excellent! I don't know why but for some reason this I find this makes me smile.

Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

is there a big noticeable difference between the towers/raal and the 2ex?
    if you're buying again and have the budget to do either, which one will you get?
    i am extremely happy with my s2's in a 3.2 set up using a horizon/raal center but am now looking to go 5.2.
    i would love to fly to california, visit families and listen to both speakers at ascend but i just dont have the time to do it right now.

i also dont want to order the speakers and return it.

Quote Originally Posted by rysher View Post
    is there a big noticeable difference between the towers/raal and the 2ex?
    There's definitely a difference. You can see my thoughts about that here:

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...ts)&highlight=

if you're buying again and have the budget to do either, which one will you get?
    It would depend on what I'm buying for. If I were buying again for my study I would stay with the 2EXs. Can't really do the Towers in the small space I have there.

However, someday I will replace the HT in my living room. There I will probably get Towers. The PSBs I already have in there are pretty good, though, so I'm not in a hurry to do this.

i am extremely happy with my s2's in a 3.2 set up using a horizon/raal center but am now looking to go 5.2.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it is always my motto.

However, were I in your shoes, I'd give serious consideration to getting 2EXs for fronts and moving the S2s to surround duty. Buying 2 more S2s as surrounds would run you $1450, and you can get 2EXs up front for only $200 more. That would be a killer system.
    Luna Duo V2 LR, Titan Horizon V2, and Rythmik L22 & L12 in HT, Sierra-LXs in study, S-2EXs and Duo V2 C in bedroom, S-1 NrTs in dining room, S-1s at work, HTM-200s in kitchen. Brother owns CMT-340s and dad has a pair of CBM-170s.

ordered the towers, arriving thursday.

thank you for taking the time to answer.