Thread: Wall mounting the 170's

Default Wall mounting the 170's

Given the rear port, is it ok to wall mount the 170's for surround? What mounting bracket? There are 2 mounting screw holes. I would need the flexibility of up to 45 degree pivot.
    Edit: Omnimount 15.0 has been suggested but it has one mounting screw. Any concerns about that?
    Last edited by moe53; 12-30-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Default Re: Wall mounting the 170's

It appears that the mounting plate is to be used positioned horizontally so as to match up with the threaded screw inserts on the 170???

Yep. I’m using the same mounts for my HTM-200SE heights. The “arm” connected to the ball that allows the mount to pivot is a single larger screw which connects to the adapter plate for use with a dual 1/4-20 screw setup like the CBM/HTM speakers use. It wasn’t very clear online but it comes with all the required hardware.

I’d recommend using the screws that are currently in your CBM cabinet, the ones supplied with the Omnimount bracket didn’t thread correctly in my HTMs and are also silver. If you’re crazy like me you can spray paint the silver/polished parts of the Omnimount pretty easily to match the black matte finish of your speakers. The mounts pretty much disappear in my room at night.

Quote Originally Posted by moe53 View Post
    Given the rear port, is it ok to wall mount the 170's for surround? What mounting bracket? There are 2 mounting screw holes. I would need the flexibility of up to 45 degree pivot.
    Edit: Omnimount 15.0 has been suggested but it has one mounting screw. Any concerns about that?
    Any feedback on the rear port? I'm debating between the HTM-200's or the 170's for rear surrounds? They will be wall mounted, and I'm concerned about the port being too close to the wall. Thoughts? (Sierra Towers & Horizon for the LCR, RSL C34e's for the Atmos ceiling speakers.)

joe

Are you thinking about flush mounting to the wall? If so, I'd go with the HTM's. With the rear port on the 170's, you'll need some space -- probably 1x - 2x the diameter of the port.

Quote Originally Posted by linerjoe View Post
    Any feedback on the rear port? I'm debating between the HTM-200's or the 170's for rear surrounds? They will be wall mounted, and I'm concerned about the port being too close to the wall. Thoughts? (Sierra Towers & Horizon for the LCR, RSL C34e's for the Atmos ceiling speakers.)

joe
    If you will be using a subwoofer and crossing the 170's at 80Hz (recommended) - the rear port is basically rendered moot. 1" of clearance would then be plenty of space.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com