Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: availability of new Ascend logos

Default Logo review!! :-)

I received my logos couple weeks ago. They are definitely better than the old logos as expected. I carefully stuck the logos on the grilles and guess what! My 1 year old easily removed a logo from one of my speakers the very next day! He played with it and now it won't stick again. Thank god, he didn't eat it! Finally I took the logos off from my front speakers.

Pros:
    -Attractive
    -Professional looks

Cons:
    -Not child-proof.
    -You can't read them from the seating position. From couple of feet the "D" in "ASCEND" looks like an "O".
    -Too many letters. Just "Ascend" would be good enough!
    -Stickers!! Molded 3-D golden logos as part of the grille would look nicer.

Disclaimer: Logos or no logos, for me just the sound matters and my ascends are awesome!!
    Last edited by Abhi; 03-11-2005 at 12:26 PM.

My kids peeled all the old logos.

This reminds me - I gotta send my envelope in

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    My kids peeled all the old logos.
    You know...I am really happy about my kids and audio/video equipment. They don't seem to have interest in just "playing" with the knobs, buttons, or logos. They just want it to work.
    -curtis

Abhi's post reminded me of something I keep meaning to ask. Like him, I have no hope of keeping the logos on my speakers (1-year-old twins), but I do still have some residue of the old glue. Are there any easy ways/tricks of cleaning off the residue from the grills?

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    You know...I am really happy about my kids and audio/video equipment. They don't seem to have interest in just "playing" with the knobs, buttons, or logos. They just want it to work.
    Yours aren't under three. Now that the oldest is 4 she just wants to know how to get it to do what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis
    You're not going to belive this - Connor (my 2 1/2 year old son) doesn't play with the knobs either - he uses them. When watching a movie, if he finds it too loud, he'll say "Daddy, that's to loud, I turn it down" and he'll walk over to my stereo rack and turn down the volume on the receiver. Thing of it is, I never do that - I always use the remote! And it's not like I don't have 5 or 6 other pieces of equipment on the rack to confuse him. He also knows not to touch the 'good' speakers (he's already destroyed my Kenwoods upstairs, but they were half wrecked to begin with). I think I may have a mini audiophile on my hands

edit: Forgot to add - when he was almost two, my sister-in-law came over to babysit him while the wife and I went out. Anyway, she wanted to watch a show (upstairs) but did not know how to get it to turn on. She got the TV on, but that was it. My son actually turned on the receiver (Yamaha upstairs) and pressed the third button from the left (LD/TV) to get the picture, then adjusted the sound for her. It's astounding what kids will pick up! Needless to say she was shocked (and a bit embarrased).
    Last edited by Kpt_Krunch; 03-11-2005 at 04:21 PM.

I came home from the office the other day and my 3yr old was using his Home Depot toy drill on my 340 mains, proudly declaring to mommy that he is building speakers. Whatcha think? Hire him now? Wouldn't want him working for my competitors.. trade secrets and all

He also proved his technical expertise when he showed me how to put "thomas" into the DVD player... This was quite shocking as he knew exactly what buttons on the player to hit. I wonder how long before I find a sandwich in there
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    I wonder how long before I find a sandwich in there
    I'll bet it won't be long. I've found Matchbox cars in the bottom of my subwoofer. The 2 youngest ones were using the port as a "garage".

Randy

Just hope he doesn't realized the size similiarities between a slice of bologna and a CD/DVD.