Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Officially Joined the Family

Default Re: I Officially Joined the Family

I have Sierra-2s across the front (soon to be EX's!) and Luna's on the side. I love the way it all blends for multi-channel music. I'm using HTM-200s in a similar position that you described, at the top of the back wall, about 5 ft behind my listening position. They are set up as 'rear ceiling' speakers for Atmos. (the front ceiling speakers are cheap Polks but that's just because they were easy to ceiling mount in an apartment)

I think getting Luna's for side surrounds makes sense. the HTM-200s would be fine imo as back surrounds. I think our backwards hearing is a little lesser discerning than to the front or side..
    Last edited by natetg57; 12-19-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: clarification
    Nate

I used the HTMs as side surrounds for some time whilst using S2's across the front. I thought sound was exceptional and blended very well. Moved the S2's to surround when I bought the Towers w/ RAAL for LR and Luna Duo for center. HTM's wall mounted near ceiling on front and rear walls for ATMOS heights. Quite pleased.

Nate- thanks for sharing so much of your personal experience with these speakers. I also congratulate you on your future upgrade with the EX's! I would love to have a pair of them, but they would be impractical as side surrounds in this small room. Who knows? Maybe another time...another place! I'm going to have to wait a few months before I pick up the phone again to talk to Dina about ordering the Luna's. It's my wife's turn to have a few more improvements made to the house. She doesn't really care what I do with my newfound hobby as long as her needs and desires are met.

racrawford65- thanks for the affirmation from your experience. I'm going to have to order a pair of speaker stands for the HTM 200se's. Anybody have suggestions?

Don
    Last edited by Audiator; 12-19-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    11x13x8 Mancave:

Sony 55" A9F OLED TV
    Denon x4500h receiver
    Ati 523nc power amplifier
    Pioneer UDP-LX500 blu-ray player
    Cambridge Audio 851N network streamer and DAC
    Sierra Towers w/ RAAL L&R
    Sierra Horizon Center
    HTM 200se side surrounds
    SVS PC4000 subwoofer
    Roku Ultra, Apple 4k TV
    VTI Audio Rack
    AC Infinity cooling fan for Denon
    Furman surge suppressor/line conditioner Qobuz, Netflix, Amazon Prime, & Internet

You're welcome, Don.

As for stands, I was using Sanus (Euro series adjustable as I recall) for a while with the HTM200's in surround. However, the always seemed a bit wobbly/flimsy although never fell or lost adjustment. I had the S2's on Sanus Steel Foundations (26") when in the FL & FR position. These were more solid, IMO. With the S2s now in surround position, I have them wall mounted. I used Halter mounts from Amazon (not available any longer but there are others similar).

Happy Holidays,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Audiator View Post
    ... the EX's! I would love to have a pair of them, but they would be impractical as side surrounds in this small room. ...
    racrawford65- thanks for the affirmation from your experience. I'm going to have to order a pair of speaker stands for the HTM 200se's. Anybody have suggestions?
    Don
    I believe Dave has recommended Luna as side surrounds over S2 (-EX?) IF you will be using a sub crossed-over at 80Hz (or higher).

Thanks jimbo. Yeah the Luna has extra wide dispersion, and is front ported. It’s very conducive to tucking in close to the side walls. It’s also a more cost effective solution for side surrounds.
    Last edited by Audiator; 12-31-2019 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks jumbo. ...
    You're welcome! (But, I'm really not that big. )

Jimb- Sorry about that! It was not intentional. I guess that I better check more carefully before I post!

Don
    11x13x8 Mancave:

Sony 55" A9F OLED TV
    Denon x4500h receiver
    Sierra Horizon Center
    HTM 200se side surrounds
    SVS PC4000 subwoofer
    Roku Ultra, Apple 4k TV
    VTI Audio Rack
    Furman surge suppressor/line conditioner Qobuz, Netflix, Amazon Prime, & Internet

... I guess that I better check more carefully before I post!

Don
    No worries. It seems like the kind of thing an auto spell check would do, too - often amusing...

It's been 8 months since my last post in December last year! Onlookers would have expected a report upon my reception of the Horizon Center that was to ship in January, 2020. Well, due to a major struggle with Lyme Disease, I had to cancel my order and devote my financial resources to regaining my health. The mission has been mostly accomplished, so the order was reinstated, and I am now enjoying the addition of this marvelous speaker to my AV coral.

There is so much that could be said at this time, but that will come later. Suffice it to say that I am very impressed, and that both HT and Music has been enhanced with this new addition to my AV system. The clarity of vocals and dialog has improved even more over the stellar clarity that the Towers provide.

I want to publicly thank, Dave, Dina, and Ascend for working with me to get me to this point with the order cancelation and then the later reorder. Thanks so much, and I'm REALLY enjoying Ascend speakers!!!
    11x13x8 Mancave:

Sony 55" A9F OLED TV
    Denon x4500h receiver
    Sierra Horizon Center
    HTM 200se side surrounds
    SVS PC4000 subwoofer
    Roku Ultra, Apple 4k TV
    VTI Audio Rack