Thread: 170s L/R, HTM 200 Center, thoughts?

Default 170s L/R, HTM 200 Center, thoughts?

I'm wanting to use Ascend as my front stage in a 5.1 setup. I don't have much space for my center as it's just going to have to rest on the stand the TV is placed on. Since the 200 center has smaller dimensions, it's going to mean I don't have to raise my TV as much as I would to fit a 170 center.

I don't want to raise the TV too much more because I'd like to keep it as eye level as possible. But I also don't want to screw up acoustics. I know the 200 is supposed to be tuned close to the 170s so maybe it wouldn't make that big of a difference. Or do I bite the bullet and mount the TV, or some other method, to raise it high enough (a bit out of eye level) to fit a 170. Anyone have experience or thoughts with going this route?

Thanks!

EDIT: Decided to go with the three 170s and adjust my setup as needed!
    Last edited by aiverson; 12-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Default Re: 170s L/R, HTM 200 Center, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by aiverson View Post
    I'm wanting to use Ascend as my front stage in a 5.1 setup. I don't have much space for my center as it's just going to have to rest on the stand the TV is placed on. Since the 200 center has smaller dimensions, it's going to mean I don't have to raise my TV as much as I would to fit a 170 center.

I don't want to raise the TV too much more because I'd like to keep it as eye level as possible. But I also don't want to screw up acoustics. I know the 200 is supposed to be tuned close to the 170s so maybe it wouldn't make that big of a difference. Or do I bite the bullet and mount the TV, or some other method, to raise it high enough (a bit out of eye level) to fit a 170. Anyone have experience or thoughts with going this route?

Thanks!

EDIT: Decided to go with the three 170s and adjust my setup as needed!
    Excellent - (3) 170's as L/C/R will be perfect!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com