Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S2 upgrade strategy?

Default Re: S2 upgrade strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but I'm in the same boat here. I have been using my S2s for more critical listening, but finding I listen as much / more to music via my AVR as I do in my listening space, which is also a VO recording space and my drum practice room.
    I had been considering getting the S2 EXs for fronts, a Duo for my center and using my current S2s for surround. When listening to music, my AVR is set to multi channel so I'd get an all-S2 output of music. Seems like an easy transition, but wondering if there is any value to considering the EX upgrade then going with Lunas for surround?
    As surrounds, the Luna's offer extremely wide dispersion - thus presenting a bit more of an enveloping sound compared to the Sierra-2's as surrounds so there is some value going with Luna's. However, if you are not using a subwoofer, then I would stick with the S2's as surrounds.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

If all the proper elements align, I am hoping to join the EX crowd by Christmas.

I'd like to thank Dave, Dina, and everyone at Ascend for making this upgrade possible for everyone.

I know there are many extra hours being put in at the office to meet demand, and all of us are grateful for the dedicated people behind the scenes.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mag_Neato View Post
    If all the proper elements align, I am hoping to join the EX crowd by Christmas.

I'd like to thank Dave, Dina, and everyone at Ascend for making this upgrade possible for everyone.

I know there are many extra hours being put in at the office to meet demand, and all of us are grateful for the dedicated people behind the scenes.
    You are very welcome and thank you!!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I’m stopping by tomorrow to listen to the LCR and hopefully the EXs. To quote a favorite movie, I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.

I’m stopping by tomorrow to listen to the LCR and hopefully the EXs. To quote a favorite movie, I’m so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head.
    Did you schedule an appointment? I don't see any demos scheduled for tomorrow.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Dave and Dina graciously let me hog up a few hours of their time today. I had a chance to listen to the S2EXs, using some of the same songs I used to audition my S2s. Songs I know every note of by heart. Started with "Hotel California" from "When Hell Freezes Over" at about 82dB (my preferred volume) and at the first kick drum beat, the word "lush" popped in my head. Bass was deeper, mids seemed "wider" (to my ears) and highs were all that I expected. After a few songs it was clear to me that these speakers are a perfectly balanced masterpiece that I must have, and soon! They have a bit more punch and presence, again to my ears. I'll probably upgrade my S2s AFTER getting a new set of EXs.

Dave and Dina graciously let me hog up a few hours of their time today. I had a chance to listen to the S2EXs, using some of the same songs I used to audition my S2s. Songs I know every note of by heart. Started with "Hotel California" from "When Hell Freezes Over" at about 82dB (my preferred volume) and at the first kick drum beat, the word "lush" popped in my head. Bass was deeper, mids seemed "wider" (to my ears) and highs were all that I expected. After a few songs it was clear to me that these speakers are a perfectly balanced masterpiece that I must have, and soon! They have a bit more punch and presence, again to my ears. I'll probably upgrade my S2s AFTER getting a new set of EXs.
    I apologize for the confusion late last night and I am very happy we were able to accommodate you today. It is always enjoyable when you visit us
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com