Thread: Anthem Room Correction & Ascend Speaker Suggestions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Anthem Room Correction & Ascend Speaker Suggestions

I've finished with the bulk of my home theater setup, but I had a few questions concerning my AV system. Below are my ARC measurements on my 5.2 system.....consisting of the Sierra 2 EX for main L/R speakers, a Duo Center, and Sierra Lunas for surround duty. A pair of SVS SB-2000 subwoofers complement the system and are placed on opposite corners of the room. At present, my room is untreated, but that will soon change in the near future. My system is driven by an Anthem MRX 520 as a preamp with a PVA5 power amplifier. Speaker distances range from 9ft for main L/R, 7ft for center, 6ft for surrounds, and an average of 9ft for the subwoofers.

I initially used a Sound Level Meter to level match my speakers, I ended up setting them to +2 for the subwoofers, +6 for each of the Center, and L/R mains, +9 for the right surround, +8 for the left surround (it is more in a room corner) to obtain a 75dB C weighted measurement for each speaker at the slow measurement setting.

After using ARC Genesis with the latest released version, many of my speaker levels changed to +11 and +12. I've attached the images, along with a legend for reference. Any suggestions or concerns? I plan to cross-post this in the near future. Obviously this is version 1.0 of my system setup with likely more future adjustments! Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images