Thread: Any plans for Black Friday sales?

Default Any plans for Black Friday sales?

Looking at upgrading my Sierra 2's to the EX's, but if there are any planned Black Friday specials, I will wait to do it then.

As it is, you get crazy value for the quality of parts and performance. One way or another, they'll be mine

Default Re: Any plans for Black Friday sales?

I too would like to know!

I am surprised I couldn't find any mentioning of BF sales from Ascend. Even something like free shipping would be a nice gesture. (I'll be frank and don't take this the wrong way, but not offering anything for BF does feel a bit snobby. )

Quote Originally Posted by goldark View Post
    Looking at upgrading my Sierra 2's to the EX's, but if there are any planned Black Friday specials, I will wait to do it then.

As it is, you get crazy value for the quality of parts and performance. One way or another, they'll be mine
    Sierra-2EX kits and assembled speakers are already at the absolute lowest prices they will ever be sold at. There will be no additional discounts offered on these and prices will be increasing come Jan 2020. Frankly, we have kept the intro pricing available for too long now.

Quote Originally Posted by wildgoose View Post
    I too would like to know!

I am surprised I couldn't find any mentioning of BF sales from Ascend. Even something like free shipping would be a nice gesture. (I'll be frank and don't take this the wrong way, but not offering anything for BF does feel a bit snobby. )
    We are a full week away from Black Friday, have we mentioned anywhere that we would not have a Thanksgiving sale? In 20 years of business, we have never announced a Thanksgiving sale prior to making the sale active and we have had a sale every year. As far as to what this sale will consist of - we haven't determined it yet.

I will say what will definitely not be going on sale:

Sierra-2EX / Sierra-2EX upgrade kits
    Horizons
    Towers
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

You post came across as a little entitled.

Even something like free shipping would be a nice gesture.
    A gesture of what?

(I'll be frank and don't take this the wrong way, but not offering anything for BF does feel a bit snobby. )
    Companies don't "offer" people Black Friday discounts for humility's sake, good will, or image.

The purposes of Black Friday sales are to draw attention, draw customers, move old stock, and drive profits.

Now consider Ascend Acoustics serves a niche market. If a person has never heard of Ascend Acoustics, saving $36 on $1000 isn't going to make them a customer. If a person has heard of Ascend Acoustics and can't decide if $1500 for a pair of EX2s is worth it, offering them for $1500 with free shipping isn't going to change their mind.

I’ve been an owner of various models since 2001 and I’m grateful for all the enthusiasm, knowledge, audio engineering and passion that went into each one. I recently bought a set of Sierra 2’s and will be getting an upgrade kit. I consider myself fortunate to be able to own such high end audio speakers for relatively little money. I remember the last Holliday sale extended way past the holidays and was was thankful to be able to benefit from it at the time.

I think it’s good to read through some of the developmental topic threads on this forum to gain more appreciative perspective to what you’re getting for your money. The technical aspect of each speaker is laid out in a very transparent fashion. I would challenge anyone to find this type of step by step evolution of a speaker’s concept and design anywhere else. This is just one of the aspects of Ascend Acoustics I’ve always been drawn to and appreciated other than actually owning them!

Just my two cents. I have grown to like the Schiit model, the price is the same every day unless Bstock or a closeout. Ascend is good about not jacking up prices to put things on sale, but I am waiting to buy to see what goes on sale this week.