Thread: How much space required behind Sierra 2 EXs?

Default How much space required behind Sierra 2 EXs?

I plan on putting the speakers on or next to a console table against a wall. I’m guessing there will be 3” or so of space, just enough to route the speaker cable. Is that enough distance if I run them full range?

Default Re: How much space required behind Sierra 2 EXs?

The short is that you can run a rear ported speaker as close to the wall as the port diameter without affecting the port output. So you are fine running them this close. Keep in mind this is separate than the boundary reinforcement that you will get from close to front wall placement (which applies to any speaker). If possible, run the speakers on the front of the console or stands as the reflection from the console will significantly affect the sound. Another option is to use small stands to raise the speakers off the console. You want to target the level of the speakers where your ears are at the tweeter height at your listening position.

Default Re: How much space required behind Sierra 2 EXs?

Quote Originally Posted by mcreyn View Post
    The short is that you can run a rear ported speaker as close to the wall as the port diameter without affecting the port output. So you are fine running them this close. Keep in mind this is separate than the boundary reinforcement that you will get from close to front wall placement (which applies to any speaker). If possible, run the speakers on the front of the console or stands as the reflection from the console will significantly affect the sound. Another option is to use small stands to raise the speakers off the console. You want to target the level of the speakers where your ears are at the tweeter height at your listening position.
    Excellent Post!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com