Thread: Considering Ascend Luna

Default Considering Ascend Luna

Hello I currently use Dali Zensor 1 speakers and a NAD D3020 (version 1 not version 2). I would like to know how much difference will I notice by upgrading to the Ascend Luna's? What will I notice right away? I only paid $325 for the Dali Zensor 1 pair so the Ascend Luna pair cost 3.5 times as much. Even for my Dali Zensor 1 speakers the NAD D3020 is not strong enough, I am going to upgrade to the NAD D3045 or, depending on room, the peachtree 125 SKY unit? Won't the NAD D3045 be sufficient at 60 watts for the Luna, I really like the small size of the NAD?

Default Re: Considering Ascend Luna

Quote Originally Posted by i7Audio View Post
    Hello I currently use Dali Zensor 1 speakers and a NAD D3020 (version 1 not version 2). I would like to know how much difference will I notice by upgrading to the Ascend Luna's? What will I notice right away? I only paid $325 for the Dali Zensor 1 pair so the Ascend Luna pair cost 3.5 times as much. Even for my Dali Zensor 1 speakers the NAD D3020 is not strong enough, I am going to upgrade to the NAD D3045 or, depending on room, the peachtree 125 SKY unit? Won't the NAD D3045 be sufficient at 60 watts for the Luna, I really like the small size of the NAD?
    I would expect the difference to be noticeable right away. The ribbon tweeters will sound more airy and cymbals will sound a lot more realistic. I would also expect the midrange to be clearer and more natural.
    Nate