Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sierra 2 EX Owner

Default New Sierra 2 EX Owner

Just received these yesterday...they won't be going back. More later with Pictures of my setup! Dave you hit these bad boys out the park! Greg Gresham

Default Re: New Sierra 2 EX Owner

Congrats & Enjoy.

Glad you're enjoying yours Paddlefoot. I could not agree more! I just finished upgrading my Sierra 2 to a Sierra 2 EX. It changed a fantastic speaker into one that is spot-on what I've always wanted. The added slam is fantastic, and the touch more warmth suits my taste nicely. I feel like I have all of the incredible imaging and detail separation I loved about the Sierra 2, but with a fuller feel. Can't wait to spend more time with it.

p.s. I'd like to say thank you Dave and Ascend for providing an upgrade path for existing customers, I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaq View Post
    Glad you're enjoying yours Paddlefoot. I could not agree more! I just finished upgrading my Sierra 2 to a Sierra 2 EX. It changed a fantastic speaker into one that is spot-on what I've always wanted. The added slam is fantastic, and the touch more warmth suits my taste nicely. I feel like I have all of the incredible imaging and detail separation I loved about the Sierra 2, but with a fuller feel. Can't wait to spend more time with it.

p.s. I'd like to say thank you Dave and Ascend for providing an upgrade path for existing customers, I really appreciate it.
    Are you using a subwoofer with these? And if so what is it crossovered at?

Yup, Rythmik F18. I haven't fiddled with crossover with the EX yet, I'm not sure where I left it from the original non-EX setup I've used for awhile. Probably 80 Hz, as I wanted to give the Sierras more room to focus their energy, so-to-speak. Haven't tried these without a sub yet, I have a feeling they will be spectacular.

Thanks guys, i am enjoying the Sierra 2EX a lot, the amount of bass coming from them just blows me away. At this point I am not sure if I need a sub for the music I play. The speaker has so much detail its almost hard to believe. Ill do some pictures of the setup soon, been real busy at work. The Sierra 2EX are replacing my Vandersteen 2CE Signatures MKII that I sold a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddlefoot View Post
    Just received these yesterday...they won't be going back. More later with Pictures of my setup! Dave you hit these bad boys out the park! Greg Gresham
    Very happy to hear you are enjoying the Sierra-2EX!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thanks Dave, i am enjoying these a lot. I do have a question, if i were to look into a sub, which Rythmik sub would you suggest for music only between the F12 and the F12G. Also is it necessary to roll off the Sierra 2ex or can they be run full range with the sub. and thanks for the tip on the audiophile grade cat little for the TP-24 stands. Greg

Thanks Dave, i am enjoying these a lot. I do have a question, if i were to look into a sub, which Rythmik sub would you suggest for music only between the F12 and the F12G. Also is it necessary to roll off the Sierra 2ex or can they be run full range with the sub. and thanks for the tip on the audiophile grade cat little for the TP-24 stands. Greg
    I’m not Dave, but IMO for the best sound quality, proper bass management should be applied. Also, one of the reasons for a sub is to reduce the work of speakers’ woofer.

As for the F12 vs F12G, the G supposedly has a lighter cone and is suppose have better transient response, so better sound quality, but not play as deep. That said, I have no personal experience, but have read it is hard to tell them apart.
    -curtis

Fully depends on the size of your room. Please send us an email with the details. Also, whenever possible - I never recommend running speakers (any speaker) full range together with a subwoofer. You will not be able to achieve a proper blend.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com