Thread: Ascend CMT 340 SE -> Q900 Surrounds

Default Ascend CMT 340 SE -> Q900 Surrounds

Hey All,

I have an option to replace my L/R CMT 340 se's with a 7.1 setup of Kef's.

Q900 front
    Q600 center
    Q300 rears and mid rears.

All about 1700$ CAD.
    I was able to get 2 SVS SB-2000 for from a local friend for an extremely good deal.
    I have been trying to A/B test them, but unfortunately, the place selling them is about 8 hour drive, and because I live in the middle of nowhere in Alberta, there inst anything close to me.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kef's? I really like the way the ascends sound, but trying to upgrade to the Sierra's and get a 5.1 setup is very expensive once you factor in taxes, import fee's and shipping.

Anyone have experience going from Kefs to Ascend or vice versa?
    Will they be similar?

Default Re: Ascend CMT 340 SE -> Q900 Surrounds

Quote Originally Posted by xenccrx View Post
    Hey All,

I have an option to replace my L/R CMT 340 se's with a 7.1 setup of Kef's.

Q900 front
    Q600 center
    Q300 rears and mid rears.

All about 1700$ CAD.
    I was able to get 2 SVS SB-2000 for from a local friend for an extremely good deal.
    I have been trying to A/B test them, but unfortunately, the place selling them is about 8 hour drive, and because I live in the middle of nowhere in Alberta, there inst anything close to me.

Does anyone have any experience with the Kef's? I really like the way the ascends sound, but trying to upgrade to the Sierra's and get a 5.1 setup is very expensive once you factor in taxes, import fee's and shipping.

Anyone have experience going from Kefs to Ascend or vice versa?
    Will they be similar?
    I have a pair of the original CMT 340's (not the SE's) and also used to have the Q100 (which some say is actually a better speaker than the Q300 despite being smaller and putting out less bass). I prefer the CMT 340 over the Q100. At best, it would be a side grade or if you do prefer the sound, an incremental upgrade. I would keep the 340's and save up for something that would truly be an upgrade (like the Sierra towers or 2-EX's for example)