Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power conditioners

Default Power conditioners

Who is using a power conditioner? I picked up a OneAC off fleabay for $15 with shipping for my JVC digital. It did improve the sound. What have you guys experienced?

I use one. A Tripplite Isolator that I got from eBay.

I have my pre/pro and TV plugged into it. I can't tell if it made a difference to audio, but it did make the TV picture cleaner/nicer.
    -curtis

I also recently picked up a OneAC unit from an AudioCircle member. I can't say I noticed an immediate benefit, but it's running on my second system at the moment. It's hard to tell changes with things like power that you can't A/B.

I also have a Tripplite Isobar on this system, so the power has been pre-filtered to some degree. My HT system has a Monster power conditioning strip on it.

I haven't put an o-scope to it, but I think the power at our house is pretty good to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Who is using a power conditioner? I picked up a OneAC off fleabay for $15 with shipping for my JVC digital. It did improve the sound. What have you guys experienced?
    What was the ebay item number? I have a digital panasonic and for $15 it might be worth trying one of these power conditioners.

Search under OneAC or powervar. Those two names seem to be the favorites for cheap power conditioners. $15($2 and $13 for shipping) is low, the seller put in their ad that it was a slightly higher currant output than input when they plugged it in. Of course it will be a little higher out put if nothing is plugged into it but that scared folks off.

I think I have bad electricity, we get power failures nearly monthly.
    Last edited by Quinn; 01-31-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Quinn - I purchased a Monster HTS3600 off ebay for about 1/2 of what I could get for it here in Canada. It gives me piece of mind to be sure (at least somewhat - I'm still looking to get a serial manager device to plug the conditioner into) and it does a great job on cleaning up the video. Not sure about the sound, in terms of normal use. But as with the video, I really notice it when other 'things' are plugged in and on (like a vaccum cleaner or a shredder). In the past before the PC, when my wife would shred something, there would be an audible 'pop' on the speakers, and when running a vacuum, noise on the screen. After getting an installing the Monster HTS3600, no pop, no noise and a cleaner video picture.

Someone on AudioCircle is selling two small OneAC units with upgraded outlets (basically what I have). They are only big enough for something like a CD player and/or dac, but they are also cheap ($25 + S&H).

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    Someone on AudioCircle is selling two small OneAC units with upgraded outlets (basically what I have). They are only big enough for something like a CD player and/or dac, but they are also cheap ($25 + S&H).
    Not big enough for a digital receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by jermy4
    Not big enough for a digital receiver?
    No, these are 1 amp units and that would only mean 120W of power at 100% efficiency. Since digital receivers are 90-95% efficient, that still means only a bit more than 100W total could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy
    No, these are 1 amp units and that would only mean 120W of power at 100% efficiency. Since digital receivers are 90-95% efficient, that still means only a bit more than 100W total could be used.
    You seem to understand these specs, which I don't. What specs do I need to look at to make sure the power conditioner will support my panasonic SA-XR10?