Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra 2EX Duo

Default Re: Sierra 2EX Duo

Without any doubt, the Sierra-2 EX will give you both resolving detail and more bass. In an apartment, I think you wouldn't even need a subwoofer. And you definitely won't get any fatigue like you do with the horn speakers.

Sorry for the delayed reply. These last few days have been hectic and semi stressful at work. I am considering the Sierra-2EX for sure! Thank you for the suggestion! I listened to my horn speakers for about 3 hours straight last night. No fatigue! It's not consistent.
    I do love my horn speakers. I don't mean to poo poo horn speakers. They can do pretty amazing things. They still catch me off guard sometimes in just how authoritative and "live" they sound.

Which is one reason I get a little squeamish at the thought of 86db sensitivity and only one woofer. I'm sure it would be enough, though. I'll probably never get rid of my horns, though. This hobby can be expensive.

I heard some horn coloration last night. I'm feeling less squeamish about 86db sensitivity now. Starting to care less about sensitivity of the speaker and more about the sensitivity of my ears.

The weird thing is... I like the horns for music, but not for movies. I think it's because many live performances use horn speakers, so my ears accept that as "normal". But with movies, I want to imagine that I'm THERE with the actors. Horn speaker coloration, to me, breaks the illusion. When I hear some pens rattling on a desk... I want it to sound like pens rattling on a desk, not pens rattling on a desk behind a milk jug.

Anyway, sorry for being off-topic. I think the Sierra-2EX is in my near future.