Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
Wow! I never would have guessed that high a price range. Some truths seem stranger than fiction.

I didn't think the tower's ribbon was that much more expensive than the monitor's.

I was using basic kindergarten logic and assuming (right?) that the CBM-170 SE and CMT-340 SE price differences would MAYBE scale to the Sierra-2EX. So that would be about $2,800-$2,900 for MTM speaker. I know, I know... assuming... kindergarten...

Yep -- sorry, the difference in price between the Sierra-2 tweeter and the 70-20xram that is used in the towers is very significant. 70-20xr's typically retail (some pop up every now and then as these are OEM only) for around $600 each. The speaker pair you are describing, with (4) EX woofers and (2) 70-20 ribbons has around $2400 in components, and that doesn't include crossovers, cabinets and about a dozen other small parts and we must also factor in labor.... Obviously performance would be way up there - but I am not sure it would outperform our towers, while costing quite a bit more....