Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Stands that can house Sierra Horizon

Default TV Stands that can house Sierra Horizon

I am looking to update my home theater from a stand that was suitable for turn-of-the-century rear projection TV's to a TV stand for a flat-screen...

But, few seem to be able to have the ability to house the Horizon as the center channel.

Is anyone interested in sharing information on TV stands that can accommodate the Horizon?

I need to satisfy the "whole household", so austere/industrial designs that work are kind of out, though not totally excluded...for example the Salamander Synergy is kind of borderline for the living room.

The Standout Designs stands can be customized to both house an Horizon ("a" Horizon? ) and a bit deeper amplifier...look to be high quality pieces with costs to match.

I haven't found any other stands that really can take the Horizon, and that's the one necessary feature.

Anyone have a good TV stand that accommodates the Horizon?
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Default Re: TV Stands that can house Sierra Horizon

I'm also interested....
    TV: LG 65C8 - Receiver: Emotiva XMC-2 (9.1.4) - Blu-ray: UB820, x800m2 - Music: Sdtrans384 - Amp: Parasound A23 & A52+, Outlaw 7075 - LCR Speakers: Ascend Towers Raal ELX & Horizon RAAL ELX - Surround: (10) BG Radia PD-6i - Sub: Rythmik F18 - Power Cable: PS AC5, PS SC, Venom v14 - Speaker Cable: Furez - Interconnects: Neotech, Mogami, Pure Silver - Probe: Display Pro & i1 Pro2 - Software: Colourspace HTL & Rpi4 - Bias - MediaLight - Remote: Harmony Elite

The Horizon is definitely a beast, yet worth it in my opinion.

As for solutions, if you are willing to use a TV stand and place it on any furniture you wish, I can recommend the following which I own. I bought the 50-80" version and with a 65" tv it can raise the TV enough to sit the Horizon on the base.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CORQRX0/

As far as a true entertainment center to house equipment and the Horizon with suitable depth, you are right the price goes from modest (not meeting any of the stated needs above) to really expensive and yet limited design (austere/industrial).

I went with an austere/industrial version that I designed/built to get the depth, height and strength (needed to hold 100lb amp plus all the other gear) without breaking my wallet. In my case it is in a more dedicated modest home theater room that the lights are usually off and not on the main floor of the house.

If you need the fine look of furniture and pass a stringent WAF, you may wish to consider a custom built piece from a local woodworker.
    Horizon w/RAAL L/C/R, Lunas side surround, Sierra2s rear, Polk Audio MC80 x4 Atmos, Ultimax-18 sealed subs x2 all driven by Denon AVR-X6500H, Monolith 7X and Behringer NU6000DSP

I am a "new kid on the block", but I spent quite a bit of time researching this problem. I eventually decided on a Kanto MTM82-PL mobile TV stand. This allowed me to mount the TV separate from the entertainment center. The stand allows you to adjust the height of the TV. I placed the stand behind the entertainment center--which then concealed most of the stand. The Horizon goes on top of the entertainment center. The stand is then adjusted so that the bottom of the TV clears the top of the Horizon. The Horizon conceals the rest of the TV stand. This allows you to choose any entertainment center which fits your decor and your budget.

I had a custom console made locally. It was originally designed to house my Sierra 2’s, but I got lucky when I added my Horizon later on as it fit perfectly. It is under my tv, but can be angled up. L/R are spaced 8’ apart.

My wife is picky so I sacrificed perfect placement for the ability to have a semi crazy system in our main and only living room. Ultimately it sounds great and looks great. Pics in below link. It now has Rythmik FV18’s flanking each side for the front stage.

http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/sho...Gallery/page73
    Last edited by diesel79; 10-11-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Guys,

I went through this same research process a couple years ago when I bought Sierra Towers and Horizon for center. I bought the Standout Design Horizon 82" and had them custom make the center speaker opening slightly taller to accommodate the Horizon center speaker. 75" Sony hangs on wall above the cabinet and Horizon center is angled up with a couple of door stoppers. Sounds fantastic. Couldn't be happier! It is a very well-made product and, while pricey, worth it in my opinion. After I spent big $$ on new Denon receiver, Outlaw amp, Sierra Towers, Horizon, Lunas and two Rhythmik 15" subs, Sony 75" 4k I just had to have a cabinet of commensurate quality. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks everyone for all the great information!

The custom piece looks awesome! The TV stands recommended allow some great flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by srm51475 View Post
    Guys,

I went through this same research process a couple years ago when I bought Sierra Towers and Horizon for center. I bought the Standout Design Horizon 82" and had them custom make the center speaker opening slightly taller to accommodate the Horizon center speaker. 75" Sony hangs on wall above the cabinet and Horizon center is angled up with a couple of door stoppers. Sounds fantastic. Couldn't be happier! It is a very well-made product and, while pricey, worth it in my opinion. After I spent big $$ on new Denon receiver, Outlaw amp, Sierra Towers, Horizon, Lunas and two Rhythmik 15" subs, Sony 75" 4k I just had to have a cabinet of commensurate quality. You won't be disappointed.
    @srm51475 Would you mind sharing the finishes you chose for the Ascend speakers, and the finish(es) you chose for the Standout? My wife found a stand she liked because of the finish (cheap, not truly designed to house equipment), and Standout will do custom finishes, but would be interested in what you selected, if you don't mind sharing.

Again, thanks to everyone for the great input!

Well, I am furniture lover, and I still like using TV stand instead of wall mounting. I have found some of the best TV stands UK online, and I am willing to compare the prices before placing the order. I am sure that it will help me to stay under my budget.

Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality.
    In my house, the speaker stands are sofa handles because my family loves to listen to loud music. Or you can choose a sofa set and express your individuality in sofas sets online and highlight your individuality in your home.

This is what I have :

https://www.rcwilley.com/Furniture/1...nd---Nova-View

I had to add support to the front underneath, otherwise it leans forward. Other than that it works well.