Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV Stands that can house Sierra Horizon

Default Re: TV Stands that can house Sierra Horizon

Ascend offers stands. The TP-24 can easily house a Horizon. Plus it can be filled with sand which deadens any sound.
    Sierra 2 Front LR PA-1 DC-1
    Sierra Luna Surround LR Multichannel via UMC-1 Stereo amp via VSX-D912 AVR
    DC-1 Ext 2 Ch DAC LR XLR to Mono Amps LR RCA to UMC-1 Opt
    T2531 31 Band Stereo Graphic EQ XLR RCA
    PA-1 LR XLR Mono Block 140Watt @ 8 Ohms Class D Amps
    UMC-1 Line Stage Sub X-over @ 40Hz
    L12 12" Subwoofer RCA
    P3 Power Plant A/C Regenerator - Can dramatically improve sound quality realism after 350 hours or 2 weeks of cumulative burn in
    40" HDR 4K TV Opt
    Windows 11 Gaming HTPC HDMI
    D2R

I’ve spent a lot of time looking into this. I think that the best option is to wall mount the TV, to get it elevated above the large horizon center.

Many tv/equipment stands seem to be aiming for a 20 to 22 inch height. With the horizon at that height, the tv would be a bit high for my taste. I think that getting 1 to 3 of these monoprice equipment racks would be an excellent and low cost solution, if you are okay with wall mounting the tv.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_...yABEgK5ffD_BwE

You can choose how high you want it, by not using all of the shelves. The horizon could sit on top. I was thinking of just using two shelves for the middle rack with the horizon on top, and then straddle it by two other racks with three shelves.

If you happen to have a tv with the legs of the stand out wide, like on this TCL TV, you could get three of the monoprice racks and remove one or two shelves from the middle one to allow for the horizon to be below it.

https://www.tcl.com/us/en/products/h...eater/6-series

My TVs unfortunately don’t have wide legs at the base, so I can’t do it. I’ll need to wall mount the TV.

I am a big proponent of wall mounting the TV, and making sure it is at the proper viewing height.

When seated, watching the TV, your eye height should be somewhere in the lower half of the TV's height, some say the lower third.

A lot of us make a big deal about ear height in relation to tweeter height when it comes to speakers, I think viewing height in relation to the TV is just a important.

OK...that's my two cents.
    -curtis

Wall mounting seems like a solid solution, and those Monoprice racks look like a budget-friendly workaround. Personally, I'm all about versatility, and being able to customize the height with those shelves is a game-changer. Plus, they seem sturdy enough to handle the weight.