Thread: Improving Sierra1 midrange warmth

Default Improving Sierra1 midrange warmth

Hi Dave, have somethings in mind and would like to share and have your opinion.

I just swaped back the sierra1 drivers on my sierra2 upgrade years ago and i cant believe how lovely they sound. Over the years, i think i had become more sensitive to mid and high frequencies and and the sierra 1 provides a rounded presentation with a less forward midrange presentation. I also like to add that dome tweeters seems add some sweetness to the music, possibly the roll off at off axis over the wide dispersion raal.
    With the sierra 2 EX out, have you thought about the combination of the new midbass drive and the standard dome tweeter for people that is looking for more warmth on a speaker. Something that is more forgiving perhaps.

Default Re: Improving Sierra1 midrange warmth

Dave has built a version which uses the NrT dome. What you are asking for sounds like what the 2EX gives you in the mids, so since you already have the S2 components just order the 2EX kits and upgrade.

Default Re: Improving Sierra1 midrange warmth

Honestly going from the s1 to the s2 I was jaw dropped of the detail in the music, but over time I did miss the warmth of the s1. The mid-range on the s1 was very nice. It was fuller than the s2. But the ribbons on the s2 is too amazing that I would never go back to dome. I am get the towers soon, hopefully I'll like it.