I’d like input from y’all. I own Sierra one with regular tweeter. I had them driven by a early 2000’s NAD integrated. Loved the sound after living for yrs with hard, edgy, over-bright mid-treble that caused fatigue. Sierra treble sweet, smooth yet amazing detail- loved it. But I began to sense maybe I got a touch too much sweetness because cymbals didn’t sparkle quite enough. I began considering the nrt upgrade: expensive shipping from GA!...(would not want to install myself). Well, the NAD died do I swapped in an ancient Techniques receiver-not even the pretense of hi-end.....but the tweeters came alive with sparkle!!! I was missing a lot sonically and didn’t know!
The sound suffered in other areas: less natural, rich and holographic, you know what I mean. Thanks for staying with me thru thus backstory btw.
Sooo- I need recommendations for s replacement pre & amp combo, integrated or even receiver...that may sound bright but still good in other areas. OR do you think it’d be wiser to get the nrt tweeter so that I needn’t seek brightness from amp?? I was considering a mid price Yamaha based on reviews but it has no hi-pass filter like a parasound and it is tall- not enough ventilation room for my rack
(my nad got too hot!). Thanks in advance for ANY input!!