Thread: CBM-170 SE Stand Recommendations

Default CBM-170 SE Speaker Stand/wall Mount Recommendations

I'm looking for speaker stand and wall mount recommendations for a pair of CBM-170's that I will be using for side surrounds. Not sure which way that I will be installing them so if anyone has suggestions please let me know, and thanks all.
    Last edited by sfuni; 08-25-2019 at 09:42 AM.

Default Re: CBM-170 SE Speaker Stand/wall Mount Recommendations

I'm pretty sure the Omnimount 15.0W are the same as what USED to be offered here on Ascend.

I've purchased some for myself, but I have not actually installed them yet as I'm trying to figure out how high I should mount them.

Thanks for the information, and I'll check them out on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by sfuni View Post
    I'm looking for speaker stand and wall mount recommendations for a pair of CBM-170's that I will be using for side surrounds. Not sure which way that I will be installing them so if anyone has suggestions please let me know, and thanks all.
    For stands check out the Sanus SF-30
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

@davef hi - how should one mount the CBM-170 on the Sanus SF30-B1 stand?

The bottom of CBM-170 does not have any holes for mounting. SF30-B1's top plate does have holes - not sure how to use those. Photos of the exact model of CBM-170 and the top plate are attached.

If you can advise, will be great. As of now, the stands are assembled and ready to go.

Thank you!

IMG_3080 (1).jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by midas12; 11-28-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Just place the speaker on the stand, using some BluTak on each corner and a dab in the middle. No need to screw down.

I think the three screws shown in your photo may go into the base

Thank you for your reply.

Do you think the adhesive putty will hold the speakers? And will it hold them for long - i.e. will it dry over a period of time? I should be able to do that.

In that vein may be even a bunch of command strips from 3m - like 3-4 per speaker may do the job?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by midas12 View Post
    Thank you for your reply.

Do you think the adhesive putty will hold the speakers? And will it hold them for long - i.e. will it dry over a period of time? I should be able to do that.

In that vein may be even a bunch of command strips from 3m - like 3-4 per speaker may do the job?

Thanks!
    The blu tack holds for a long time. Hasn't dried out in my experience. The speakers will come off of the stand but require a firm twist to break them free. I'm not sure if the adhesive strips would be good. It might not be able to be removed without damaging the laminate.
    Nate

Nate is correct on the blu tack holds for a long time and never dried out for me. This is how I held my S2's to Sanus floor stands when I was using them in my set up.

No comment on the command strips as never used them to hold speakers. I have for posters and such on the wall and work ok. Never removed so don't know if the claim as non-damaging is true or not. Guess you could try these as an alternate, but I still think the blu tack is probably better.

Quote Originally Posted by midas12 View Post
    @davef hi - how should one mount the CBM-170 on the Sanus SF30-B1 stand?

The bottom of CBM-170 does not have any holes for mounting. SF30-B1's top plate does have holes - not sure how to use those. Photos of the exact model of CBM-170 and the top plate are attached.

If you can advise, will be great. As of now, the stands are assembled and ready to go.

Thank you!

IMG_3080 (1).jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    Unfortunately, there is no universal standard for mounting hole spacing for speaker stands. The recommendation for BluTak is spot on, but you can also use museum wax or "Quake Hold", which is basically the same thing and can be picked up at any hardware store.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com