Thread: i made two new sultry friends

Default i made two new sultry friends

they have a very dark complexion, enjoy having their cloth(es) removed, make a lot of accurate noise, and are the envy of anyone who is remotely in touch with the inner self.

they are of course cbm170's. i did a search on the forums for australia.. and due to the lack of results it is my assertion that i'm the first person down under to satisfy the sound hunger with the juicy sonic panacea known as ascend.

"action packed" story spawned by the arrival of the box early one morning on a day off: crazy delivery guy gets my signature, i don't think he knew what speakers were. in a frenzy i tore open the box, jammed two dollar cables into every hole i could find (no lawsuits pending fyi) and smashed the nearest compact-disc i could find into the source. and behold, it was good.

Bam you've got a way with words! Welcome aboard! BTW how much was shipping?
    "same as it ever was"

Hi Bamputin - happy to read that you finally got your Ascends and are enjoying them. If your experience was anything like mine - I don't expect to read any more post from you over the next couple of day - I have a feeling you'll be diggin' your new friends too much!

WOW! I'll bet you write steamy romance novels for a living...or you should if you don't! Did you light up a cigarette after your first "listening session?"

Randy

ben: thanks! shipping i think was about 150 us. not bad considering i'm in the most isolated capital city in the world (no joke, fact).

captain_crunch: yeah my neighbours can't be the happiest people on earth at the moment. timmy says: "that's their friggin' problem!"

lou: nope, yet to write any steamy novels yet. and i don't smoke. kinda off topic here, but i DID have a dream last night that i held a party, then at the end of the party, part of the tweeter on one of my speakers had been (going on appearance of things) surgically removed!!! i remember in my dream that on discovery of the tragedy i fell to the ground and beat my fists on the carpet, sobbing, shouting that nothing could ever bring the tweeter back. twisted sh!t hey! i think my subconcious is trying to tell me to keep the covers on the 170's.

Talking

bamputin,

I thought I was at the wrong forum for a second. Never mind....

We have a couple of Aussie customers. We even have some satisfied Kiwis, believe it or not, and I think Wellington is far off the beaten path as well (you're in Perth, right? Hope to get there someday when Dave gives me a month off ). And of course myriads of Murkins.

We appreciate the praise. Drop us a line to round out your system.
    Good Sound to You!

James Greenberg
    www.ascendacoustics.com

yeah i'm in perth. i'd definitely recommend perth as a holiday destination. it's very, very laid back here. perfect, often deserted beaches, solid nightlife, excellent dining, great accommodation. dunno about site-seeing because you never think of your hometown like that!

what are murkins? o_O
    'round out' - means 'complete' in americano-speak?

really, REALLY good imaging with these speakers

That's the very first thing I noticed about my Ascends. The imaging is superb. They also throw a seamless soundstage across the front. With 2 channel music playing through my 340 mains, you absolutely cannot tell that the sound is coming directly from the speakers. It sounds as if my whole front wall is alive with sound.
    - EVH III

Silly me. I heard somewhere that Aussies called Americans "Murkins." Could be mistaken, or maybe it's a NSW thing???

Would love to see Perth, the outback, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, etc.--someday. I promised myself no one-week whirlwinds of Australia--gotta be a whole month, if not two to six!

Thanks again for the compliments on imaging, bamputin.
    Last edited by jamesg; 02-01-2005 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Good Sound to You!

James Greenberg
    www.ascendacoustics.com

heh.. things are so laidback here you'll probably either be bored, or you'll get sucked into it that you really will need 6 weeks to get the most out of it!

it COULD be a nsw thing. don't forget how far apart we are from our eastern states. there's no other capital city which is anywhere NEAR perth. in fact, we treat the easterners like they're foreigners! at least for the first 5 minutes we meet, anyway

'murkins' - scoured the brain for at least 20 seconds and... nope that one is definitely new to me. it's a little too quaint to take off here!

this is mongoose, signing out