Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blown Tweeter

Default Re: Blown Tweeter

Good to hear that the tweeter wasn't blown and just a lose wire.

As to Genesis, you may want to try lowering (I think) the system wide target or perhaps changing the gain on your subwoofer (on it's amp) and rerunning. That may lower the trim gains across the system.

Alternately, you could manually reduce them. As I recall from a post on AVS, this doesn't impact the EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Good to hear that the tweeter wasn't blown and just a lose wire.

As to Genesis, you may want to try lowering (I think) the system wide target or perhaps changing the gain on your subwoofer (on it's amp) and rerunning. That may lower the trim gains across the system.

Alternately, you could manually reduce them. As I recall from a post on AVS, this doesn't impact the EQ.
    You could even leave them alone. It won't hurt anything if the trim gain is the same across the board.
    -curtis

I tried turning all the speakers levels down by 9 dB to get them in the zero range. This seemed to change the sound quality. The bass was muddied up and the blend between the subs and speakers was off.
    I do not know why but it seems like changing the speaker levels also changed the calibration.
    The 720 sounds better with ARC turned off when the speaker levels are at zero. When the levels are put back to the calibrated levels the sound is much better with ARC turned on.
    I still have a lot to learn about this receiver.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlam View Post
    I tried turning all the speakers levels down by 9 dB to get them in the zero range. This seemed to change the sound quality. The bass was muddied up and the blend between the subs and speakers was off.
    I do not know why but it seems like changing the speaker levels also changed the calibration.
    The 720 sounds better with ARC turned off when the speaker levels are at zero. When the levels are put back to the calibrated levels the sound is much better with ARC turned on.
    I still have a lot to learn about this receiver.
    Thanks for the help.
    Did you turn the sub down by 9 as well?
    -curtis

Yes I turned the sub down by 9 dB.
    I also noticed that when I turn off ARC correction the volume level increases by 5 dB.
    I have set my maximum volume level, in the receiver, to -30 dB. This gives me a playback level of approximately 75 to 80 dB. This is my normal listening level.
    Hopefully Anthem will get the bugs worked out of the Genesis program soon.

My AVM 60 has been in service a few months now. Other than the trim level issue set by Genesis, which is trivial at most, it has been flawless in my use. Oh, I did have an issue with getting one of the versions to run on my Mac.

I have had a few different AVRs/Pre-Pros with Trinnov, Dirac, and now ARC/Genesis room correction systems. I think Trinnov did the best in my room, but Genesis gives up very little.
    -curtis