Thread: soon to be AA family member, thanks to many (esp. kongar, Dina, Dave)

Cool soon to be AA family member, thanks to many (esp. kongar, Dina, Dave)

I just wanted to introduce myself. After auditioning a pair of Sierra 1s (non-NrT), I was so impressed with that late model speaker that I wondered what current generation AA offerings would sound like.

I want to thank member kongar for inviting me into his home, and beautiful, amazing HT setup where I was able to audition his RAAL Towers/RAAL Horizon/Sierra 2s set up. I brought along the Sierra 1s as a reference to my home/room. We had a great time and I really loved the towers. So much so that I decided to upgrade my whole front end - currently Hales Revelation 1s and a Revelation Center. I've got a Luna Duo and RAAL Towers on order, but unfortunately they are all waiting for parts/assembly . Dina and Dave were likewise awesome in answering questions and working with me on my upgrade plans. Many thanks to all members, as I've learned so much for the forum. Now the hard part.....waiting.

I will update in September when everything should be delivered and set up! Stay tuned...

Default Re: soon to be AA family member, thanks to many (esp. kongar, Dina, Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by mjlav View Post
    I just wanted to introduce myself. After auditioning a pair of Sierra 1s (non-NrT), I was so impressed with that late model speaker that I wondered what current generation AA offerings would sound like.

I want to thank member kongar for inviting me into his home, and beautiful, amazing HT setup where I was able to audition his RAAL Towers/RAAL Horizon/Sierra 2s set up. I brought along the Sierra 1s as a reference to my home/room. We had a great time and I really loved the towers. So much so that I decided to upgrade my whole front end - currently Hales Revelation 1s and a Revelation Center. I've got a Luna Duo and RAAL Towers on order, but unfortunately they are all waiting for parts/assembly . Dina and Dave were likewise awesome in answering questions and working with me on my upgrade plans. Many thanks to all members, as I've learned so much for the forum. Now the hard part.....waiting.

I will update in September when everything should be delivered and set up! Stay tuned...
    Excellent - happy to hear that you were able to meet with another Ascend owner and audition his setup. Welcome to the family!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: soon to be AA family member, thanks to many (esp. kongar, Dina, Dave)

So I have had my Sierra2EXs set up in my office for a few weeks now. Driven by a Parasound HCA-750. The room, is about 11x14 and the speakers are about 5' apart. I don't have much control over placement but this is pretty good. These speakers really are amazing. The shimmer of cymbals is what I grew to expect from the RAAL tweeters when I demoed, but the bass response and ability of these speakers to pressurize this room with punch and authority was unexpected. From Irish folk music and classical, to Tool and other heavy stuff, these are putting a smile on my face every day. I haven't had this much fun at work in a long time! I just shut the door, turn them up, and get to work. Now, I am just waiting for some other items to upgrade my HT set up at home! Thanks, Dave!
    Last edited by mjlav; 09-27-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjlav View Post
    So I have had my Sierra2EXs set up in my office for a few weeks now. Driven by a Parasound HCA-750. The room, is about 11x14 and the speakers are about 5' apart. I don't have much control over placement but this is pretty good. These speakers really are amazing. The shimmer of cymbals is what I grew to expect from the RAAL tweeters when I demoed, but the bass response and ability of these speakers to pressurize this room with punch and authority was unexpected. From Irish folk music and classical, to Tool and other heavy stuff, these are putting a smile on my face every day. I haven't had this much fun at work in a long time! I just shut the door, turn them up, and get to work. Now, I am just waiting for some other items to upgrade my HT set up at home! Thanks, Dave!
    You are very welcome and THANK YOU for putting your confidence in us!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com