Thread: Pangea DS400 vs LS300 stands for S2?

Default Pangea DS400 vs LS300 stands for S2?

I have my S2's on a pair of Pangea LS300 stands. But I feel like they're a bit wobbly and could be sturdier. I haven't filled them - not sure how I'd even do that.

I was toying with upgrading to the more solid DS400 stands which seem quite sturdy and have a lot more space to fill.

Anyone compare these two or go through similar?

Thx

Default Re: Pangea DS400 vs LS300 stands for S2?

Quote Originally Posted by Blingleberry View Post
    I have my S2's on a pair of Pangea LS300 stands. But I feel like they're a bit wobbly and could be sturdier. I haven't filled them - not sure how I'd even do that.

I was toying with upgrading to the more solid DS400 stands which seem quite sturdy and have a lot more space to fill.

Anyone compare these two or go through similar?

Thx
    Hello,

I have not compared the two. It can be assumed that the 400's would be more stable but sand will help.

I have my Sierra 2's on the LS300 stands but I filled all three columns with sand. The tube that handles the wires are fillable if you first fish a plastic bag through the length. Fill the bag with sand and you now have thee tubes filled. I I posted pics of how it can be done in this forum (see discussion three below this one where I posted some pictures of the fished plastic bag)

Filling LS300's made them more stable. You may want to try that before buying the DS400's.

I feel the LS300's with my Sierra 2's Blu Tacked to the tops, are stable enough with the spikes into the carpet padding.

I hope this helps!
    Last edited by rifmon; 08-03-2019 at 08:35 AM.