Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Long Overdue Welcome...

SUE HIM! SUE HIM FOR EVERYTHING HE HAS GOT! SUE HIM UNTIL HIS SPIRIT IS BROKEN AND HE CAN ONLY SOB LIKE A LITTLE MONKEY WITH NO BANANA!!!!

Default Just ordered my Ascend Ht package

Hi all,
    New to this forum and just placed my order yesterday. Got the 340's across the front with the stands for the mains and 170's across the back (6.1). Am going to be running them thru my yammie Htr 5560 which, from what I have been reading here, will have to be ugraded. I already own a sub but am sure to be upgrading that as well. I have NEVER bought speakers without auditioning tons of them first but I feel confident that I made the right choice. My original research had led me toward the klipsch synergy and reference lines as well as the polk monitor series. I also demo'ed the yammie 777 and 555. They all sounded decent and of course better than my old sony ht in a box set but I felt i was limiting myself to the mainstream b&m offerings and wanted something more...um...well just something more! Since I bought my new projector and screen back in november (Infocus Screenplay 5000 with a Dalite Contour Electrol 110" remote control screen) I have rarely been seen outside my ht and if these speakers are even CLOSE to what you guys say they are...well I'm gonna just have my meals delivered to me in my ht! I am also looking forward to re-discovering my music collection which has been gathering dust since I started with the ht but I don't think I can stand waiting 12 days for them to get here!

Quote Originally Posted by gman8691
    .......I don't think I can stand waiting 12 days for them to get here!
    12 days? Where do you live?
    -curtis

I live on the east coast am am going by info supplied by another poster (not sure who it was) that it took about 12 days from time of order until they came...hope im wrong!

edit...it was kpt krunch's review i think that had 12 days as the time it took from order to delivery
    Last edited by gman8691; 03-15-2005 at 11:17 AM. Reason: addl.info

Ahhh...the Kpt is in Canada....so there was some stuff that needed to happen at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by gman8691
    I live on the east coast am am going by info supplied by another poster (not sure who it was) that it took about 12 days from time of order until they came...hope im wrong!

edit...it was kpt krunch's review i think that had 12 days as the time it took from order to delivery
    -curtis

Aha...that is really gr8 news curtis...ty for the heads up...but i still can't wait no matter how long its gonna take!!