Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra Tower & RAAL Clarification

Default Re: Sierra Tower & RAAL Clarification

I'm new to this forum. And I'm a "new Ascend customer". I took delivery on a pair of HTM-200's a month or so ago, and am patiently waiting for a pair of Towers (w/RAAL) and a center-oriented 2EX (w/RAAL) to ship to join them in my 5.1 setup.

Decided to sign up for the forum and take a look around... this thread instantly jumped out at me, and is all the more interesting/amusing in light of Eric's very recent and very public outbursts on Youtube with a (paid) reviewer... I didn't see anything for myself but read about it on Reddit. Pretty crazy stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much credo into anything Eric has to say after all of this. I'll no longer consider Tekton for any future purchase I ever make. And also and most importantly - can't wait to get my Sierra Towers!

Quote Originally Posted by psuKinger View Post
    I'm new to this forum. And I'm a "new Ascend customer". I took delivery on a pair of HTM-200's a month or so ago, and am patiently waiting for a pair of Towers (w/RAAL) and a center-oriented 2EX (w/RAAL) to ship to join them in my 5.1 setup.

Decided to sign up for the forum and take a look around... this thread instantly jumped out at me, and is all the more interesting/amusing in light of Eric's very recent and very public outbursts on Youtube with a (paid) reviewer... I didn't see anything for myself but read about it on Reddit. Pretty crazy stuff.

Anyway, I wouldn't put too much credo into anything Eric has to say after all of this. I'll no longer consider Tekton for any future purchase I ever make. And also and most importantly - can't wait to get my Sierra Towers!
    Thanks for your patience with the delay on the towers. The cabinets are due here in about one week. I visited our cabinet maker last week and let me say they look amazing with the new magnetic grilles.

Honestly, I am not concerned about Eric's comments - we are now celebrating our 20th year of business and there is nothing he can say about us that will slow us down or prevent us from reaching our next big moment - the 30 year mark! I was just surprised by his public claims having zero experience with any of our products, but he sure seems to have dug a hole for himself.... This is an industry where close competitors often become friends or at a minimum, acquaintances. You will never see Jim Salk or Dennis Murphy, Brian Ding or so many others publicly (or even privately) bad mouth a competitor's product. It's the same with me, it is called mutual respect for someone else's hard work - for their passion... It is a shame he posted what he did, but it doesn't surprise me...

I hope you absolutely love the towers!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I visited our cabinet maker last week and let me say they look amazing with the new magnetic grilles.
    Will all the towers have magnetic grilles going forward? Any other tweaks? Will the Horizon also be getting the magnetic grill treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by wineguy View Post
    Will all the towers have magnetic grilles going forward? Any other tweaks? Will the Horizon also be getting the magnetic grill treatment?
    All towers have magnetic grilles going forward and all future production runs of Horizon cabinet will also have magnetic grilles. Note, there will be a price increase on Horizons (est $100 - $120 each).
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com