Thread: old record player

Depends. This would be a good question for one of the larger forums. Make and model would be helpful and approx. year of mfg. might also help. The serial number can sometimes give a clue as to the date.

David

Yes...some did have a ground wire that needed to be...grounded.

Also, the needle cartridge could need replacing.

Snap a picture for us.

-curtis

good idea on the larger forums...i was going to try avsforum after i compiled all my info, etc. my camera is out of juice and the batteries take 13hrs to charge.

i replaced the needle cartridge and that helped some, but i posted this just after that. aha, i did find what looks to be a ground wire dangling alongside the RCA cables.

getting model...

Sanyo Plus Quartz Q40

I think the Quartz means it was quartz speed controlled, if I remember correctly, was a good thing. Kind of like having a accurate watch.

-curtis

it's not a bad little turntable. i was amazed that all the lights, motors, etc. queued right up when i first turned it on. she works perfect.

the ground did the trick. [] sounds great. i was up all night churning out Chet Atkins albums on the 340s.

Our basement flooded several years ago and I lost all my vinal recordings. I know, dumb place to store vinal. []
    I sold my Sony turntable after that. It was one of a kind in the States. They were sold only in Japan. I needed to replace the power cord and it took Sony over a year to send one from Japan. This was back in the mid seventies when everything had to go through too many middlemen. This is one of many reasons that internet direct sales appeal to me. No middlemen (or women). []

David